Gold Rush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy the show because it shows the true American spirit. Work hard and don't be afraid to get dirty and you can make money. Yea they make bad mistakes, but I'm not that and can't say I could do any better. I have to hand it to them for giving it a try.

As for Fred, that old man needs to get pistol wiped. The took advantage of an opportunity and some will applaud him for it, but when it's all over, we only have our morals and ethics to leave behind. I think he has bad ethics.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did they actually play it like this was the first they'd heard of it?

That's exactly how they played it. But if you paid attention last season you saw this coming. The claim owner was torqured at how little gold they actually recovered. But ya gotta remember this is scripted reality TV. I kinda wish they'd have had a good fist fight when Fred announced he'd bought the claim. I'm lookin' forward to how they do in the Klondike. I've been in Dawson City and it's got tons of mining going on up there....

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OMg. Been following this show since the beginning. If you don'y know 3/4ths of this show is set up/scripted you are clueless. I mean. Really.

Hey dad. Lets go exdplore Klondike and all the sudden afford two claims. Oh wait. I just missed one payment on the old lease. Now we lose it. Hey guys dont get mad lets just drive to klondike and trust me. Oh now look I have virgin ground to dig and it just happens to be at height of gold prices in the richest paying area in the world. BTW. thanks discovery...........

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's a very entertaining show. Plus, if you're into gold mining they've showed some pretty cool stuff. I thought it was interesting that once they got into Canada and the Klondike not a single one of them was carrying a handgun. Maybe the bears up there are easier to get along with??????????

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did Fred do?

I thought last year that Fred was called in by the land owner/lease owner to help a greenhorn crew get it together to try and salvage some money out of the season?

So what his name did not make a payment and it went up again and Fred bought the lease? Is that what happened?

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sure there are people like that Fred person out there:twocents:. looks like he let them do all the work so he could scoop in and get the gold. first thing I thought of was he's brave doing that up in the area where the show is taking place. I'd sleep with a weapon close and one eye open .I'd love to go visit Alaska some day.

I feel the same way. I think I would have had to square off with that guy. JMO!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the same way. I think I would have had to square off with that guy. JMO!

It's a TV show. It's called scripted reality. Fred did what the show wanted him to. They set this story line up last year if you were watching it them. But there is a little bit of reality mixed in with the show. Dakota Freds real name is Fred Hurt. Back in May of this year he staked a "fractional claim" right next to the one the Hoffman's were working. The Hoffmans lease was revoked for missing the lease payment and Hurt was able to aquire it from the owner. That combined with his new fractional claim will give him a good chance to actually mine some gold.

Just watch the show and see how it plays out.....

Fred Hurts new claim:

http://dnr.alaska.gov/ssd/recoff/sag/DocDisplay.cfm?SelectedDoc=20110002280&District=106

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still think I'd have hit Fred right in the mouth.

Scripted or not, I actually do believe the Hoffman's have effed up everything and I can't understand how anyone would follow them to the bathroom, let alone to the Yukon.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still think I'd have hit Fred right in the mouth.

Scripted or not, I actually do believe the Hoffman's have effed up everything and I can't understand how anyone would follow them to the bathroom, let alone to the Yukon.

Because the whole Hoffman clan is making money. Pay attention!! Most of them are driving new or newer trucks with lift kits on them and they are now pulling travel trailers instead of living in tents, etc... They are being payed well for their antics on the show....

Latest posts

Top Bottom