Gop 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOP 2012 Presidency

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Bobby Jindal

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Rick Perry

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Michael Steele

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 51 45.9%

• Total voters

GolfWhiskey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From ABC news:

As to whether another pursuit for national office, as when she joined Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., in the race for the White House less than a year ago, would result in the same political blood sport, Palin said there was a difference between the White House and what she had experienced in Alaska. If she were in the White House, she said, the "department of law" would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.

"I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.

---------------

The "department of law there". "Automatically throw them out".

Yep, totally qualified.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted other. There isn't a person on that list that I would care to see in the Oval Office.

Palin doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election, but she may try to craft herself to become a kingmaker. I personally think she put the final nail in the McCain coffin. She was nothing more than a publicity stunt and a joke. I chuckle inside every time I hear someone talk as though she had a real chance at anything. People have lost grip with reality.

The only guy who had a chance in the last election of defeating Obama was Romney, but heaven forbid a Mormon and a moderate win the GOP nom. (BTW, I didn't vote for Romney. I voted RP.)

Bush spent 8 years crucifying conservativism on a public cross. Rush, O'Reilly, and Hannity are continuing to do so. The Reagan years are over folks. The GOP died in Iraq, Afghanistan, and on Capitol Hill and Wall Street. Epic Fail. The Neo-Cons are finished. Time to flush the refuse out.

Ultimately, it won't matter who the GOP puts up in 2012. They are going to lose. Obama will have a 2nd term. It will take at least 8 years before the nation will be willing to stomach another Republican president after the Bush Administration.

Maybe if the GOP is lucky, we can find someone as "unaccomplished" as Obama. Someone that can put a full sentence together, that can pronounce nuclear correctly, that perhaps has a prestigious education, that might have a damned clue about how things work. Until then, we are going to be feeling the hurt of the rising tide of blue across the nation.

This is going to be a very long valley of darkness that the GOP will be walking through. It isn't going to be over by 2012. I'm even skeptical if we'll be able to be relevant in 2016. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Cue,
Obviously I'm too slow on the uptake here, but aren't you confusing Krusty the Clown with Droopy Dog?
Who'd win in a fight?
Droopy or Krusky?
Think twice before you post anything.
The intelecshism I've got in my little finger will completley over-power you.And if you'er too young to remember Droopy Dog, perhaps you should do a little research before you open your big mouth.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Steve Cue,
Obviously I'm too slow on the uptake here, but aren't you confusing Krusty the Clown with Droopy Dog?
Who'd win in a fight?
Droopy or Krusky?
Think twice before you post anything.
The intelecshism I've got in my little finger will completley over-power you.And if you'er too young to remember Droopy Dog, perhaps you should do a little research before you open your big mouth.

Once again foiled by intelecshism....and I would have done it too,

If it wasnt for you meddling kids! :selfangel

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe if the GOP is lucky, we can find someone as "unaccomplished" as Obama. Someone that can put a full sentence together, that can pronounce nuclear correctly, that perhaps has a prestigious education, that might have a damned clue about how things work. Until then, we are going to be feeling the hurt of the rising tide of blue across the nation.

I just hope someone throws in their name. But for right now, I share the same view.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

7 years of no planes being flown into buildings,7 years of no planes being flown into government buildings,7 years of no planes being flown into the ground in PA,8 years of not losing more of our gun rights,2 young strong conservative Supreme Court Justices one who is Chief Justice that can serve for a couple of decades or more,but you're right GWB was a dumbass....

WaylonCash

Marksman
Reaction score
So are you saying you don't believe in representative government? I'm trying to understand your point.

Well, McCain and Palin ended up losing so it turned out great.

What makes no sense is the fact that there are many more people like you out there. The bottom line is this: The race was between McCain and Obama. Ron Paul had no chance of winning, I am right about this period. Unfortunate as it may be, your vote is a waste. I am sure it made you feel unique and a little bit special because you did something "different". But really that special and "different" feeling it gave you and many others simply just costs the republican (last sane) party votes. You claim "Oh I didn't vote for Obama" well you may as well have. This is the cold hard truth, I am sorry I wish your little Ron Paul vote mattered but it didnt. It was a waste. What you need to do is recognize the leading candidates (usually just 2) and pick the lesser of the two evils. Is this fair, or right? Probably not, but I am not speaking of fair I am speaking of cold hard truth. In closing, when 2012 arrives take a long hard look at where your values lie and pick the lesser of the two evils. Shouldn't be that difficult, can't get much worse than OBAMA.

I hope I do not live to regret that last sentence, LOL....

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7 years of no planes being flown into buildings,7 years of no planes being flown into government buildings,7 years of no planes being flown into the ground in PA,8 years of not losing more of our gun rights,2 young strong conservative Supreme Court Justices one who is Chief Justice that can serve for a couple of decades or more,but you're right GWB was a dumbass....

Sure, the Bush administration staved off anti-gun threats, but by driving this party into the ground, it was a short term accomplishment only. I am more concerned about where this nation will be 50 years from now, and let me tell you, the Bush Administration has cut the legs out from under the GOP.

If you want to say that Bush is responsible for the lack of attacks in the last 7 years, then you would also have to say he is responsible for the initial attacks during the first year of his presidency. They weren't unaware of the threat that Osama posed. This issue has been thoroughly documented.

You can defend Bush all you want. I am simply saying that it is because of his presidency and his administration and the political gaffs which occured therein that will cost the GOP a decade of political influence, if not more.

Was he full retard? No. Did he make some dumbass moves? Hell yes.
Using the word "Crusade" when talking about reprisals for 9/11 was just one of them. The Black and White world that he lives in of Good and Evil without the necessary shades of grey.

The problem ultimately isn't just with Bush. Bush was merely a symptom of a greater disease within the GOP that has been growing like a cancer within the party. Neo-Conservatism. "Compassionate Conservatism". We got the Big Government and Big Spending of the liberal left with the Social Agenda of the Christian Conservative Right. Reagan was successful because he was able to pull in moderate Democrats with his economic principles. Reagan was the great communicator. No one in their right mind could say the same for the Bushes. Jeb very likely would have been a much better President Bush, but now we'll never know because there is no way that the American people will ever vote another Bush into the Whitehouse.

You see his accomplishments. Well and good. I see them too, but I also see a long list of political gaffs and screwups and blunders that will haunt this party for years to come. And currently, the gaffs and embarrassments just seem to keep on rolling in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom