Got a Bad Mosin from TK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadeDead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, just curious.

You bought a mil surp rifle, 50 years old, didn't look at it, wasn't what you expected, and title your thread what you did?

Couldn't find an address in Tulsa, and it was the directions from "people of Tulsa" that gave you bad directions?

All this wasn't your fault because you had a bad headache?

Hmmmmmmmmm...............

I was told by several people that there was no Kenosha in Tulsa....
Also what is with people being overly critical on this forum?:scratch:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa is one of the most screwed up cities in the U.S. in terms of the way it's laid out and trying to get around in it. And, that's if the traffic didn't suck to begin with. I know people who live there who can't find a new address they haven't been to before. Heaven help someone from out of town.

I think the guy's been "critiqued" enough. In spite of the fact he should have checked the bore before he left the store, they should have had the savvy to recommend he do so. They either sold him a rifle they boxed up without checking the bore or they checked the bore and boxed it up knowing it was bad or, they sold him a rifle that was boxed when they got it and they never checked it. The customer is owed some level of "checking" by the seller.

Having said that, I'd be very surprised if they don't make it right (If he can find his way back there).

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told by several people that there was no Kenosha in Tulsa....
A lot of people have no idea how downtown works, and that section is particularly ignored.

The city is laid out on a nice 1 x 1 mile grid, but downtown is rotated some 45 degrees from the rest - I assume to accommodate rail lines. Now, in the neighborhoods within that handy square mile grid, it's chaos. I've seen the intersection of Jamestown and Jamestown and there are more just as confusing. Then there's (for example) 45th STREET vs. 45th PLACE. They might even be numbered the same and your mail gets mixed in with the neighbor's ALL THE DAMN TIME IN SPITE OF REPEATED REMONSTRATIONS TO YOUR POST OFFICE. Ahem.

Anyway, google maps' placement is good enough that you'll find the building. Downtown Tulsa is really just beginning to convert all the disused old nasty warehouses into useful businesses. What was once a row of dilapidated dumps is now Joe Mama's Pizza, Boomtown T's (coming soon), El Guapo's, an artist's gallery or two, Blue Dome Diner, etc. TK is in a section that the hipsters call "The East End" but it hasn't really taken off yet...just a few businesses have settled in. Spexton Jewelery, for example.

[/tourguide]

Also what is with people being overly critical on this forum?:scratch:
Same way on almost every forum I read. :)

MadeDead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa is one of the most screwed up cities in the U.S. in terms of the way it's laid out and trying to get around in it. And, that's if the traffic didn't suck to begin with. I know people who live there who can't find a new address they haven't been to before. Heaven help someone from out of town.

I think the guy's been "critiqued" enough. In spite of the fact he should have checked the bore before he left the store, they should have had the savvy to recommend he do so. They either sold him a rifle they boxed up without checking the bore or they checked the bore and boxed it up knowing it was bad or, they sold him a rifle that was boxed when they got it and they never checked it. The customer is owed some level of "checking" by the seller.

Having said that, I'd be very surprised if they don't make it right (If he can find his way back there).

Yeah, he said that they hadn't even looked at them yet, and to bring it back up there. Which shouldn't be too hard now that I know my way to it. Probably going to take it back tomorrow.

And again I'm not saying TK is bad, in fact they are about 100x better than most gun store I've been to around here in terms of customer service.:teach:

Latest posts

Top Bottom