Got a Bad Mosin from TK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa is one of the most screwed up cities in the U.S. in terms of the way it's laid out and trying to get around in it. And, that's if the traffic didn't suck to begin with. I know people who live there who can't find a new address they haven't been to before. Heaven help someone from out of town.

Evidently you haven't been to very many cities as Tulsa really isn't that bad to get around in, especially downtown (except for all the construction and detours). From Main St. east all the streets are in alphabetical order and named after eastern cities ie. Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, etc. and west of Main St they are named in alphabetical order for western cities, Boulder, Cheyenne, Denver, etc. And yes, finding TK can be confusing to find.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S.F., Boston, NYC. Houston, Dallas, Seattle, etc, etc. I been there. If you don't already have some familiarity with Tulsa, you'll have trouble. Your own description of street naming (in a very restricted area of Tulsa) is indicative of confusion. Then you go out to xxx South 100th Ave East, etc.

And, of course, you can't really say "except for the construction and detours" because they are always there.

Tulsa is like 2 cities - one with North/South streets and right in the middle of it another city with NW/SE and NE/SW streets was set down. And then, of course, there's I44 going right across town on a diagonal.

City planning.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well to continue the spin off thread.....Ya'll want to see screwed up street planning, come on over to OKC.

At least in tulsa it is alphabetized and numerical, then you have the mini-break down of north/south/east/west, oh and jenks.
Once you figure it out and memorize the abc's of tulsa, it is easy..though you may have to run the alphabet through your head to see how far you are from something.

There is no rhythm or reason how okc is laid out, or I haven't taken the time or care enough to put That much thought into it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny! OKC is numbered for all E/W streets beginning downtown and going N or S. N/S streets are proper names. It's a grid. I always thought it was pretty easy.

Guess it depends on what you're used to. Colonel Gentleman was not used to Tulsa.

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive never seen a good mosin, especially the 69 dollar sog specials, and i expect thats what youre getting. The trick to make the bore shiny is clean, scrub, clean, flitz, and clean some more. The you just have to hope you have any rifling left.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've lived in Tulsa since '97 and have worked downtown since the day I got here. Having said that, the cant of downtown -as opposed to the grid layout of the rest of Tulsa- STILL screws me up to this day. If someone was coming from out of town and trying to locate TK Supply it could make for a very long day unless they had a GPS. And even then, you could drive right past it since there is no outside sign for the business.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also what is with people being overly critical on this forum?:scratch:

It's mostly people that like to stroke their ego by jumping new members. Sometimes its justified, usually its not. Most of the snide comments that are posted on here wouldn't be said to your face. But again this is the select few. Most of these guys are stand up people and don't mean any offense but are just trying to help. Unfortunately tact doesn't come easy to some.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's mostly people that like to stroke their ego by jumping new members. Sometimes its justified, usually its not. Most of the snide comments that are posted on here wouldn't be said to your face. But again this is the select few. Most of these guys are stand up people and don't mean any offense in but are just trying to help but unfortunately tact doesn't come easy to some.

Werd!

Latest posts

Top Bottom