Got a Bad Mosin from TK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've lived in Tulsa since '97 and have worked downtown since the day I got here. Having said that, the cant of downtown -as opposed to the grid layout of the rest of Tulsa- STILL screws me up to this day. If someone was coming from out of town and trying to locate TK Supply it could make for a very long day unless they had a GPS. And even then, you could drive right past it since there is no outside sign for the business.

Once you find the building I'm pretty sure you could still get lost just trying to find the store once your in the building.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's mostly people that like to stroke their ego by jumping new members. Sometimes its justified, usually its not. Most of the snide comments that are posted on here wouldn't be said to your face. But again this is the select few. Most of these guys are stand up people and don't mean any offense but are just trying to help. Unfortunately tact doesn't come easy to some.

:pms2::lmfao::pms2::lmfao:

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's mostly people that like to stroke their ego by jumping new members. Sometimes its justified, usually its not. Most of the snide comments that are posted on here wouldn't be said to your face. But again this is the select few. Most of these guys are stand up people and don't mean any offense but are just trying to help. Unfortunately tact doesn't come easy to some.

So you're saying it wasn't nice of me to sit back with popcorn and watch?

awww.threadbombing.com_data_media_29_thread_is_crashing.jpg

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"TK sold me a bad mosin" thats how

Not really. He is stating FACT that TK sold him a bad one. If any company sells a lot of "things" then occasionally some of these "things" will be bad. The OP is also 18 years old and is asking a question on how to handle it. Try being nice about it and answer the question like a civil adult instead of bashing him.:loser:

I had to put part of this in my signature...........

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you're saying it wasn't nice of me to sit back with popcorn and watch?

Not nice? Who could blame you? These ones are addicting.

Try being nice about it and answer the question like a civil adult instead of bashing him.:loser:

+1 and I'm honored to finally be featured in a members signature :mosh:

MadeDead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really. He is stating FACT that TK sold him a bad one. If any company sells a lot of "things" then occasionally some of these "things" will be bad. The OP is also 18 years old and is asking a question on how to handle it. Try being nice about it and answer the question like a civil adult instead of bashing him.:loser:

Thank you Shady.:patriot:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive never seen a good mosin, especially the 69 dollar sog specials, and i expect thats what youre getting. The trick to make the bore shiny is clean, scrub, clean, flitz, and clean some more. The you just have to hope you have any rifling left.

I have to agree with you on the cleaning. Most of the surplus military guns I've seen have been covered in a cosmoline type grease. They usually look like crap but after a good cleaning inside and out come out pretty nice.

You can't look at a barrel and know if it "shoots" that's why there are tools for measuring throat, muzzle erosion, and slugging the barrel to measure the bore. Sure, you can visually see some defects but sometimes a barrel that isnt' perfect shoots just fine. We're talking about old military surplus not precision shooting equipment.

All that aside if a dealer sold me a surplus weapon that had been graded and I felt like it didn't meet that grade criteria I'd send it back.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting all the crap, and I mean ALL the crap out of the barrel, will probably give you a different perspective on your mosin. I have seen a few bad barrels, but these rifles were designed for sub moa Man targets. Some you can dial in, Many, many are Man killing rifles. Long as they hit that target they are good to go. I know about the sniper rifles, just speaking to the cheap average mosin. There is also a great deal of skill in shooting sub moa rifles for knats ass splitting accuracy. I couldn't do it with a mosin if I wanted to. lol. Enjoy your rifle, lots of good info on cleaning them, maintenance, ammo etc, etc. Here are a few sites that may be of interest. The rifles tend to multiply....give in, but go slowly :-)

http://www.mosinnagant.net/

http://7.62x54r.net/

http://www.surplusrifle.com/russianmosin189130/index.asp

http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?3-The-Collector-s-Forum-Mosin-Nagant-HQ&

the gunboards site is excellent for a huge amount of different weaponry and surplus firearms. Excellent part for spanish star pistols.

Latest posts

Top Bottom