Got a question for you guys... (shooting on rivers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crow its safe and legal, Its public and private land to a certain degree, As long as its not in City Limits anywhere, As long as your not trespassing or crossing a fence, I have been shooting at the river down in Atwood Oklahoma for 20 plus years and never had a problem.

noahni74

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know where exactly people shoot on the Arkansas River by Bixby?

I live in north bixby. People shoot off the corner of 121st and riverside and 131st where is deadends past sheridan. But i thought those areas are still considered within city limits. I have been on the river past bixby towards haskell with no issues.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know where exactly people shoot on the Arkansas River by Bixby?

I wouldn't shoot anywhere along the Arkansas near Bixby if I were you. That's the approximate area where the folks had bullets coming through their windows (Indian Springs Neighborhood in BA) as mentioned above. The idiots shooting there give respectful target shooters a bad name.

SureShotXD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in north bixby. People shoot off the corner of 121st and riverside and 131st where is deadends past sheridan. But i thought those areas are still considered within city limits. I have been on the river past bixby towards haskell with no issues.

Do you know for a fact that people shoot off 131st or do you just hear it? I know that Bixby PD has a range off 131st down there.

SAIL3R

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's a ways south, but we used to shoot down at a river in the north Texas area and never got into any trouble. Same sort of idea though, buddy new the farmer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom