Got called out for OC today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At exactly 0843 hours this morning I forcefully strode into Braum's with the objective of obtaining two gallons of Tactical 2% milk. While checking out, the cashier exclaimed in terror "You have a gun!" while pointing hysterically. I bladed at 45°, preparing to urinate on him to assert my dominance while screaming "You will not touch my weapon!". Oh, wait... This isn't arfcom... Here's the real story:

I was in search of the Tactical 2% milk, and walked past two high-school aged employees on my way back to the case. After picking up the milk, I walked back to the checkout stand, with one of the employees following to help me checkout.

As he was scanning and putting away the milk and I was pulling out my wallet, the following conversation took place:

Kid: "You're the first non-police officer I've seen open carrying."

Me: "Really? I've only seen one person openly carrying myself."

Kid: "It's kind of disappointing, really, with all the hype before the law started."

Me: "I think you're right, it would be nice to see more people doing it. Have a good day!"

Kid: "You, too."

And that was it. No panic, no gnashing of teeth, no managers or police called. Just a quick, polite conversation and then we both went about our days. Sorry to disappoint anyone looking for a big story, but maybe I can make the news next time.

I don't open carry all that often (my wife isn't a fan of OC, and I'm a fan of keeping her happy, but I'm trying to OC more often), but this is the first time anyone has given any indication they even noticed the gun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom