Grab a Buddy to get a Deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might be interested in a group buy, but I'm wondering - if the 5906 is all that and a bag of chips, why are there so many police returns? I mean, if they're turning them in for something else... what's the deal?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I might be interested in a group buy, but I'm wondering - if the 5906 is all that and a bag of chips, why are there so many police returns? I mean, if they're turning them in for something else... what's the deal?

Police departments trade in guns routinely.It's no reflection of the weapon they are trading.Sometimes they trade for the same ones.Smith no longer makes that weapon(YEAH the M&P is here!!) so they couldn't trade for them if they wanted too.Police trade-ins are one of the best values on the used market.Good prices and usually low round count with some holster wear.With that said,I've had 2 5906's.The only reason I'd buy one is for trade value.They probably have the worst trigger I've ever felt and they are HEAVY.On the plus side,they're cheap, built like a tank,have a very fast "lockup" time and there are some people that like them.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's old. It's heavy. Departments recently got lots of Federal money they are using on new equipment.

I'm normally not one for group buys, and I sure don't need another pistol, but if the price is right, I might be interested.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I talked to Wideners, no price break other than the two for $307, with Free Shipping. They have 150 in stock if you are interested. I am thinking of buying a couple and keeping them in our kid's cars for back ups. About the only thing that you would find cheaper than this of any quality is a 38 revolver. I am thinking it is a 9mm, and mag fed, so it would be a good option for a back up car gun?

Steve, do you know if anyone has done a trigger job? I wonder if Mike could smooth it out, or are they are like the Sigmas?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truck gun is what I was thinking. It would be a affordable way to have a gun for both vehicles and both have the same function and feel.
I guess my biggest reason about the group buy can be resolved by a few questions. I can order mine directly, if I have them shipped to an FFL that Wideners has on file? Is this correct?

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truck gun is what I was thinking. It would be a affordable way to have a gun for both vehicles and both have the same function and feel.
I guess my biggest reason about the group buy can be resolved by a few questions. I can order mine directly, if I have them shipped to an FFL that Wideners has on file? Is this correct?

Yup, the price is a prepay price, so you will need to make payment arrangements ahead of time. Have your FFL send their paperwork to them, and they will ship to your FFL. If you buy two, I think most FFLs will just use the one 4473, so normally it is just the one transfer fee. If they are not on file with Wideners, they can add them pretty easily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom