Grackle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These birds are kind of neat in look and behavior....but they have an annoying habit of flocking together at night in the same place.......these damn birds were over my house and my neighbors......aha a few firecrackers a no more problem.

i550.photobucket.com_albums_ii428_cichlid_dave_03e6955b081680071473ca097d933a72_zpsccf7b08a.jpg

OrangeToTheBone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know why, but I love grackles. We lived in south-central Texas for a few years and the ones down there are about twice the size of ours.

I hate starlings with a passion. If I lived out in the country, they would be the one thing I'd go out and shoot every day/night just because I could.

OrangeToTheBone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should be open season with no hunting license on that exotic invasive species of bird

Red wing black birds are worse than the starlings. They can strip a milo field.
One can get permission from the ODW to shoot them though.

I live close to 61st and Yale, though. Let's just say it would raise some eyebrows if I did this.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grackles can be confused with cow birds. :) Starlings and dandelions are a couple of gifts from our friends in the UK. Both are dreadfully lovely don't you think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom