Gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went, it sucked, I feel cheated out of another $12. Why do I even bother? I can't remember the last time I bought anything worth a crap at one of these junk shows.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about going tomorrow. I am wanting to find a lower parts kit and look at some lights. Did you guys see much of that?

I saw a DPMS lower kit and that was all. Not as much AR stuff as usual, Mark's was not there. The show was a waste of time and money.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in there today I got chewed out by a vendor. I was pissed off. It was the ar-15 large booth to the left when you first go in the entrance. I can't remember the name but I think they were out of tulsa. I was looking for the sling attachment that attaches to the rail, and when telling him what it looked like, I told him it was from a gun I built. He asked where I bought the kit from and I told him cold hand arms. He said, "So you mean they wouldn't sell you one", I told him that they were out when I bought it and just thought about it passing his booth. He said he was "dissapointed". Another OSA member was with me and we both looked at eachother. I told the dude nevermind and left. Such poor customer service. I was TRYING to buy something from his company, and I get the what for basically for not buying his overpriced kits.

I remember, it was Rijas I believe.

If I remember correctly, they were selling the $399 century ak-74s that you could buy from J&G sales, Centerfire systems and others for the low price of $675 at the last gun show that I went to.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are not doing any shows until after September. I like gun shows, it is good that you are making note of people that are rude to you, please do not judge all vendors by the actions of one, or one salesman, most are nice people. There are some people that never go to gun shows, and will tell you that, over and over and over again, they will never have anything good to say about a show. The best people to find out if a show is good or not are people that go to all the shows, they have more insight and are not biased.

A gun show is what you make it. If you just walk through the show, and leave you are not getting the whole experience. The best thing that I see people do is walk around and ask others what they want for the weapon they are carrying around, you can find some good deals doing that.

I watch some people walk in with no weapon, purchase one from someone walking around, show it to me, then they turn around and sell it and buy another. Some people walk out of the show making $100. - $1000. in a day doing that.

I like seeing what is coming through the show, those that know me, know that I am always a sucker for something odd or different. Like I said a gun show is what you make it. Some people will complain and are critical about almost every event, I try to look at all things in a good way. That being said, Summer shows are very slow, many people are out of town, or at the lake, that is why I feel my money will be better spent when people are back in school etc.

I do have many people buying what they need at my shop. If you need something that you cannot find at the gun show for your AR, there are several shops in the OKC area that try to carry what you need or are looking for, if not they can order it for you. Steve at Cold hand, H & H, Outdoor America, Gun World, Academy, are some just to mention a few. Oh, and if you cannot find it at one of those places, check with Mark's Firearms, we have almost everything for AR15s, we are also a distributor and sell to many of the stores through the state that in turn sell to you. We don’t just carry weapons we carry AR15 parts, optics and add-ons.

The fight over $6. Show verses $12. Shows is a promoter fight over turf. It is one that they have dragged the vendors and public into. I refuse to play that game, when we set up it does not matter if it is a $6. Show or a $12. Show, if the promoter advertizes properly we will set up. We set up a Island at the big W. Show, I have never paid any attention to how much it cost to get in. But watch, there will be people complaining about that show too. Some are never happy, I would hate to be like that.

ai56.tinypic.com_ih3bxd.jpg

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark, if a non-FFL holder goes to the show and buys a gun there and turns around and sells it there for a profit, I am fairly sure that person is committing a crime. Probably, two crimes because I doubt seriously they are reporting that profit on their taxes.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mark I have to disagree. To many gunshows lately have been more odd junk then guns or shooting related items. Knives, swords, bows and jerky are ok, but the only beanie babies should be those filled with Tannerite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom