Guns On Campus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Oklahoma's Concealed Carry Permit be valid on college campuses?

• Yes

Votes: 99 98.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JRF01

Marksman
Reaction score
I agree with Dave. I'll take my chances that a LEO isn't going to show up as soon as I've stopped the threat. I would much rather make that bet than maybe if I hide under my desk I'll be ok.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that GED's scenario could play out anywhere at anytime, not just a college campus...

I'm not a student, but if I had the chance to neutralize an active shooter after say #3 dead body, if I get taken out by GED before it becomes #32 dead body, then I figure it was worth it. The active shooter was going to get me anyway.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that GED's scenario could play out anywhere at anytime, not just a college campus...

I'm not a student, but if I had the chance to neutralize an active shooter after say #3 dead body, if I get taken out by GED before it becomes #32 dead body, then I figure it was worth it. The active shooter was going to get me anyway.

That's my thought, too... I'd rather take my chances with some kind of control in my own hands than with no ability to do anything other than cower or charge an armed killer with nothing but my trusty No. 2 pencil. Same scenario could apply to any public place and many private places. I do understand where he's coming from, though.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know that it's legal to keep the gun locked in your car on campus, right?

That's what I always did. Sure, if someone started shooting in the classroom it wouldn't help me one bit, but at least I don't have to be worried about being disarmed on the way to and from class.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Exactly, that's the risk I personally am willing to take being a sheepdog instead of a sheep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom