Handgun for the little lady

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbaumei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a glock 26, fits her hands well, and it never malfunctions. 2000+ rounds for her zero malfunctions. some (200+) of the ammo was picked up off the ground at the range. no malfunctions.

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thansk you all for your help and suggestions. I had her read through all the posts and she took each one into consideration before making her final choice. She touched and considered alot of choices...But in the end she ended up with the Taurus P111. Like you said BB I think her choices and stuff will change in the future but we got her started. The important thing is gaining confidence. We took her to the range last night and she put 100 rounds through it. Made a couple small changes to her grip but overall she is extremely pleased. BTW +1 for UpLula magazine speed loader!!

RangeHound

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the 2nd best investment I made after I bought my wife a pistol was send her to class for someone else to teach her how to shoot it. Somehow, I never explained, showed, etc the proper way and she just got frustrated with me and inability to shoot as well as she wanted to. She has now gone to two one day classes and is more confident and loves to shoot.

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree 100%. We are just looking for one of the ladies classes to be offered this time of the year. Perhaps she can teach me a thing or two after attending!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
kind of kidding with the above post, but it is response to the mouse gun post that is bound to pop up. My wife has a G26 w/golddots. I pity the fool who lets her get to it! She is also hell with a remy pump if it gets really nasty. Don't mess with her or the chillins' or it will Not be play nice time Anymore. by the way, if you need cute, there was a pic of a glock 26 with a purple frame on here a bit ago.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thansk you all for your help and suggestions. I had her read through all the posts and she took each one into consideration before making her final choice. She touched and considered alot of choices...But in the end she ended up with the Taurus P111. Like you said BB I think her choices and stuff will change in the future but we got her started. The important thing is gaining confidence. We took her to the range last night and she put 100 rounds through it. Made a couple small changes to her grip but overall she is extremely pleased. BTW +1 for UpLula magazine speed loader!!

Good for ya'll ... you know you have just created a monster, don't you?? I have noticed that when women get hooked on shooting, they get hooked HARD.

I don't think GC ever expected me to be as taken as I am with it. There is nothing I am really, really good at (except I am wicked accurate at 15 yards with my .45) but I really, really like it all ... IPSC, IDPA, 3-gun ...

I got to try some skeet/trap shooting at the OSA ENS yesterday and am now looking for a Saiga shotgun ... The only gun I have ever shot that I really didn't care for was GC's Garand and I think that has more to do with my neck problems than the actual shooting. That thing rattled my teeth! :laugh6:

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am ok with my the more she enjoys it the more I can as well. Plus it will help justify some of the expense. Plus its something we have a great time doing together.

Skeet shooting is something I would love to get into. I have done it a couple times before. Just need to get me an appropriate shotgun!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom