Has this been discussed here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, is from 2014. Links I posted were from 2020 and 2024. They say the same thing.
Sometimes statutes tell you what you can do by not telling getting you what you can't do. The motor vehicle statute on provide ID while driving only applies while operating a motor vehicle, so if you're not operating a motor vehicle, there is no requirement to ID.
It's not just motor vehicles. It's "vehicle." Lawn mower, tractors, bicycles, skates, scooters, etc... are defined as vehicles in Title 47.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma isn't a stop and ID state, so if not suspected of a crime,, there is no requirement to ID is my understanding.
The cop here in Ponca stop and ID people when they have a reason. One hot summer night one of our officers noticed a guy walking down the sidewalk wearing a pair of white cotton gloves. He stopped and IDed the guy. The guy was from Wichita and didn't have a good reason for being here. The officer asked him did he drive here, which he said yes, and where was his car. The guy pointed to a nearby car. The officer asked him if he could search the car, and the guy said yes. In the trunk was rope, a long blade knife, duct tape, and a stun gun. The PD called Wichita about the guy and found out he was a prime suspect as a serial rapist and was later convicted. IMHO good police work.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cop here in Ponca stop and ID people when they have a reason. One hot summer night one of our officers noticed a guy walking down the sidewalk wearing a pair of white cotton gloves. He stopped and IDed the guy. The guy was from Wichita and didn't have a good reason for being here. The officer asked him did he drive here, which he said yes, and where was his car. The guy pointed to a nearby car. The officer asked him if he could search the car, and the guy said yes. In the trunk was rope, a long blade knife, duct tape, and a stun gun. The PD called Wichita about the guy and found out he was a prime suspect as a serial rapist and was later convicted. IMHO good police work.
Sorry, but a good lawyer will advise you to be polite but firm and say nothing more than I want my lawyer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom