Medicare 2025 Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, you used to be able to put your formulary, or in your case, a lack of one, in the medicare website and it would shoot out several options cheapest to most expensive.
Yes can still do that step. Works by drugs/pharmacy/tier costs. My concern is when I change to a program for less cost, what's the unknown.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, you used to be able to put your formulary, or in your case, a lack of one, in the medicare website and it would shoot out several options cheapest to most expensive.
We have an insurance company that is very knowledgeable in the part D field. They sent us a card today to come in for a comparison review with what we currently have. Every plan changes almost every year for the most part. It's good to get a review annually.
Our situation is different than most. I get 100% care and prescription from the VA.
BUT, we are on the road almost 7 months out of the year in the RV where there may not be VA care available.
There is the traveling Vet Program enacted by congress that nobody in the VA knows about that we can find, that keeps saying everything depends on your primary doctor. My primary has never seen any information about what that program is all about, so it's all on me.
Over the years, skip a day on meds occasionally so I'm about 100 days ahead of all prescriptions currently.
We keep the part D Medicare in case there is an emergency on the road with no VA capability to get care or pay for it.
Once again, go to an insurance agent to see what is available. It changes every year. It's rare that we have stayed with the same Part D company more than two years.
As much as I hate Walmart, I had to choose them as a prescription provider. They are everywhere.
I'll have to bite the bullet and get a script there if the earth is ending and there is no place else to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom