Have you seen any antlers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was driving to Lubbock yesterday and ran across a few deer about 6 pm when I was driving into the sun. In the span of 4 miles I saw 6 deer, all of them were 3 sets of 2 and I also saw 2 dead deer within 3 feet of each other...but I digress. One of the sets had for sure a buck as he still had both antlers, but the other five were bald, so I don't know what they were. Anyway, the one with antlers I could have SWORN had velvet on them. They looked very soft and rounded on the ends, not pointed. Did the sun/ driving by at 50 miles an hour play tricks on me or is that actually possible?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was driving to Lubbock yesterday and ran across a few deer about 6 pm when I was driving into the sun. In the span of 4 miles I saw 6 deer, all of them were 3 sets of 2 and I also saw 2 dead deer within 3 feet of each other...but I digress. One of the sets had for sure a buck as he still had both antlers, but the other five were bald, so I don't know what they were. Anyway, the one with antlers I could have SWORN had velvet on them. They looked very soft and rounded on the ends, not pointed. Did the sun/ driving by at 50 miles an hour play tricks on me or is that actually possible?

That would be totally weird if one was in velvet. Maybe just a genetic thing with the shape of the antlers?

I was at the farm today, and found what I thought was a shed. it stood out like a beacon, but was an entire skull with antlers of a 6 point. No other bones arund just the skull.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went out the other day and all i found was a doe skull from this year, my bro found a skull and spine attached , and our friend who hunts the same lease found a pair off a 9 point about 5' apart, nice size too, just down the tree line from my brothers stand.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai272.photobucket.com_albums_jj170_bink98xcab_downsized_03100016511.jpg

cell phone pic

Latest posts

Top Bottom