HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that, if we don't get another veto override vote, and if it's not overridden this year, I'm going to keep very close to all OKC and Tulsa local news websites.

Every time someone is massacred and the situation could've conceivably been prevented by a citizen open carrying a firearms for discouragement purposes I'm going to send that story and a personal comment to the Governor (even if he's former Governor by then) and everyone on the vote-switch / AWOL list.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, one of the turncoats is mine, Chuck Hoskins. So I've written to him. Gave him my personal experiences about being put face down in gravel five miles from town because I dared to openly carry a handgun while out walking. Hopefully he will see that he represents a rural area (Craig County) and there is no reason not to allow open carry here!

Gregg

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To everyone that said they would not "open carry" for their own personnel reasons they prefer concealed carry.... That is good and that is your choice that you prefer concealed carry.... But this is not about open or concealed carry at all this is about have the FREEDOM to choose open carry or concealed.... It is sad that we have to ask permission to exercise a right we all ready claim to have.... I implore everyone that says open carry is not for them but concealed carry is better just to think about the fact you do not need a gun database if you register all gun users with a license to exercise a right....

FREEDOM OF CHOICE

I to have supported the trooper fund raisers when they call for the last 15 or so years with 25 to 50 dollars.... I will NOT support any organization that tries to restrict any of my constitutional rights, especially my 2nd amendment rights... I also am not renewing my NRA membership but I am re directing my funds to GOA and CRKBA...

Trebuchet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scott Inman from Del City was one of the dem's who switched his vote from yes to no.

He had told me he was for it

Inman has made many moves like this and it is for these reasons and others that I decided run against him out here in Del City...provided that I make it out of my primary in July. Hypocrisy has no room in our own lives and we should never accept it out of our elected officials.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sadly, one of the turncoats is mine, Chuck Hoskins. So I've written to him. Gave him my personal experiences about being put face down in gravel five miles from town because I dared to openly carry a handgun while out walking. Hopefully he will see that he represents a rural area (Craig County) and there is no reason not to allow open carry here!

Gregg
yep good ole hoskin he's doing the old Mike Synar routine,run as a consevative and vote the democratic pary line when it counts.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a response e-mail from Stan Inman of Del City yesterday stating he would like to discuss the conversations he had with OSTA and other organizations that made him change his vote. I gave him my work number and said "by all means, call me". He never did. As far as I'm concerned, he's through representing me in anything.

Edit: Almost forgot. I've supported FOP, Trooper Boosters, OK county Sheriffs, and several other organizations in the past. I'm trying to find out which organizations "advised" the governor on this issue and send them a letter or phone call cutting off support.

I have received 2 calls this month already wanting donations for LEO charities of some sort. I told them I would not, will not, and will tell all my friends to do the same as they do not support my personal right to self protection and open carry. One guy said that was the Chief's personal feeling he made in a statement. Don't remember what group he was from but I said his words speak for my no donation and to pass that to him. Guy said sorry I felt that way and hung up.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to send a Thank you letter to my representative on their Yes vote. Has anyone already sent a nicely worded email along those lines that I could use?

Here is the link to locate your Rep if you are unaware of how to contact them:
http://www.capitolconnect.com/demoassoc1/legislatorsearch.aspx

This is the letter I sent to my rep, I got a phone call from him.... I was shocked he reassured me that he would do everything in his power to help this and any other 2A bills along...

State Representative Schwartz,

It is with great despair that I write you this letter. I am very proud of you for personally standing up for mine and my families constitutional rights to Open Carry a firearm. But unfortunately our governor has seen fit to recognize that even with over whelming support that this bill was not of his personal liking.

I would please appreciate it if you would consider voting yes again on this bill so that we may over ride the governors veto. My family and I will in turn remember you the next time we are voting during elections.

Thank you again for tirelessly representing my family and myself.

Humbly,
my name
my number
registered voter
43rd district

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how can I help, if my house and senate district voted for it.

Email them or call and thank them for their vote and thank them for their continued support of the bill.....

Do not give them a reason to change their vote....

A lot of these reps are like cops and paramedics they do not hear anything good about what they are ever doing.... they just get crapped on when things go bad....

A thank you goes along way for someone who never hears it.....

just my opinion (former medic)
keven

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the letter I sent to my rep, I got a phone call from him.... I was shocked he reassured me that he would do everything in his power to help this and any other 2A bills along...

State Representative Schwartz,

It is with great despair that I write you this letter. I am very proud of you for personally standing up for mine and my families constitutional rights to Open Carry a firearm. But unfortunately our governor has seen fit to recognize that even with over whelming support that this bill was not of his personal liking.

I would please appreciate it if you would consider voting yes again on this bill so that we may over ride the governors veto. My family and I will in turn remember you the next time we are voting during elections.

Thank you again for tirelessly representing my family and myself.

Humbly,
my name
my number
registered voter
43rd district

Copied. Thanks

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TURNCOATs - Changed Vote from YEA on original vote to NAY on override vote -
Auffet ( D) [email protected] (405) 557-7394
Carey (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7366
Glenn (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7399
Hoskin (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7319
Inman (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7370
Luttrell (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7355
Rousselot (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7388
Shoemake (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7373

AWOLs- PRESENT BUT DID NOT VOTE -
Buck (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7383
Hilliard (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7412
Kirby (R) [email protected] (405) 557-7356
Morgan (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7368
Morrissette (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7404
Nations (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7323
Smithson (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7315

[Voting record and contact information can be found at http://www.ok.gov]

Support Open Carry for Oklahoma http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

Bringing this back up one more time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom