HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutragedPatriots

New to the site!
Reaction score
From a former state trooper & police officer, I can tell you I am FOR this Open Carry bill.

The turncoat RINOs in the GOP that kept it from passing in the Oklahoma House yesterday are:

Rep. Pam PETERSON - Tulsa
Rep. Dan SULLIVAN - Tulsa
Rep. Weldon WATSON - Tulsa
Rep. David OWNBEY - Ardmore

And, for you folks in the Ardmore area, your illustrious Representative Ownbey even bragged to his fellow legislators in OKC yesterday that NO ONE in his district had come out FOR this Open Carry bill. I find this to be the epitome of untruthfulness.

The Okla State Troopers Assocation (OSTA) president issued a press release stating the OSTA was against this bill. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE 750+ MEMBERS OF THE OSTA WERE NOT CONSULTED ON THIS POSITION. The Executive Board made this decision without a poll from the membership. I do not know what the vote would have been, but doing such a thing without a full vote on such an important issue is flat out wrong. I am friends with a lot of current & former troopers, police officers, game rangers, deputy sheriffs, sheriffs, and other peace officers in Oklahoma and nearly ALL of the dozens I have spoken with are FOR this law. So, you do the math.

When men & women CHOOSE to become peace officers, they accept the risk that comes with the job. The Founding Fathers did not write the 2nd Amendment with a provision for 'law enforcement review' by police unions or police chiefs, etc. These are the LAST PEOPLE that should have a say in what LAW-ABIDING citizens can do when it comes to keeping & bearing arms. Personally, I would be much more comfortable dealing with someone who has a gun in plain view than someone who is carrying concealed. Knowing where the gun is much more safer than guessing if one is even there. Period.

In my humble opinion, this issue is not about any 'dress code.' This issue is about YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVES & SENATORS (those who are against it) trying to restrict your 2nd Amendment rights. What I believe we need to be asking these legislators is: "Why is it that you feel the need to restrict our 2nd Amendment Rights here in Oklahoma when so many others states do not restrict them?" (and) "Where in the U.S. Constitution does it exempt Oklahomans from exercising their full 2nd Amendment Rights?"

FYI - the Oklahoma Tea Party Movement initiated robo-calls to ALL REGISTERED INDEPENDENTS & REPUBLICAN VOTERS TODAY in these four legislators' districts. Yes, I donated $100 to the cause to help pay for the calls in Rep. Pam Peterson's district:

These are four of the RINO Republicans that voted against the Open Carry veto override today. We warned them last night that if they held up this bill and chose to OPPOSE the veto override that we would send out robo calls to all the independents and most of the Republicans in their districts. We kept our word.

Here is a recording of each robo call:

http://www.moremargin.com/ulwtomp3/13881\U9350U165686153131003405397404745.MP3

http://www.moremargin.com/ulwtomp3/13881\U9351U3687275213083545490575113.MP3

http://www.moremargin.com/ulwtomp3/13881\U9349U165575105305272655178111978.MP3

http://www.moremargin.com/ulwtomp3/13881\U9352U165387053324188154241193805.MP3

If you wish to have calls made to your legislator (that is restricting your 2nd Amendment rights, or for other un-Constitutional acts), feel free to email Al at: [email protected]
or via phone at (405) 412-6233.

We have GOT to get our legislators to start respecting the U.S. Constitution again. Those that refuse need their constituents INUNDATED with the facts of their deeds. The buck stops with the CONSTITUTION. Not with your legislators opinions.

Thanks!

Dan W. Howard
Tulsa, OK
www.OutragedPatriots.com

jwcoop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the response to an e-mail I sent to representative Dank:

I am now convinced that the open carry provision is worthy of support. If the Governor signs the bill it will become law; if he vetoes it I will vote to override that veto.

Thanks for sharing the letter. I sent Representative Dank an e-mail thanking him for his vote to override. Even though we lost the battle, we can win the war by thanking those who took our side. This WILL come up again, and appreciation for past service will be remembered by those we so support...........

-jwc-

Rino Buster

New to the site!
Reaction score
From a former state trooper & police officer, I can tell you I am FOR this Open Carry bill.

The turncoat RINOs in the GOP that kept it from passing in the Oklahoma House yesterday are:

Rep. Pam PETERSON - Tulsa
Rep. Dan SULLIVAN - Tulsa
Rep. Weldon WATSON - Tulsa
Rep. David OWNBEY - Ardmore

And, for you folks in the Ardmore area, your illustrious Representative Ownbey even bragged to his fellow legislators in OKC yesterday that NO ONE in his district had come out FOR this Open Carry bill. I find this to be the epitome of untruthfulness.

The Okla State Troopers Assocation (OSTA) president issued a press release stating the OSTA was against this bill. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE 750+ MEMBERS OF THE OSTA WERE NOT CONSULTED ON THIS POSITION. The Executive Board made this decision without a poll from the membership. I do not know what the vote would have been, but doing such a thing without a full vote on such an important issue is flat out wrong. I am friends with a lot of current & former troopers, police officers, game rangers, deputy sheriffs, sheriffs, and other peace officers in Oklahoma and nearly ALL of the dozens I have spoken with are FOR this law. So, you do the math.

When men & women CHOOSE to become peace officers, they accept the risk that comes with the job. The Founding Fathers did not write the 2nd Amendment with a provision for 'law enforcement review' by police unions or police chiefs, etc. These are the LAST PEOPLE that should have a say in what LAW-ABIDING citizens can do when it comes to keeping & bearing arms. Personally, I would be much more comfortable dealing with someone who has a gun in plain view than someone who is carrying concealed. Knowing where the gun is much more safer than guessing if one is even there. Period.

In my humble opinion, this issue is not about any 'dress code.' This issue is about YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVES & SENATORS (those who are against it) trying to restrict your 2nd Amendment rights. What I believe we need to be asking these legislators is: "Why is it that you feel the need to restrict our 2nd Amendment Rights here in Oklahoma when so many others states do not restrict them?" (and) "Where in the U.S. Constitution does it exempt Oklahomans from exercising their full 2nd Amendment Rights?"

FYI - the Oklahoma Tea Party Movement initiated robo-calls to ALL REGISTERED INDEPENDENTS & REPUBLICAN VOTERS TODAY in these four legislators' districts. Yes, I donated $100 to the cause to help pay for the calls in Rep. Pam Peterson's district:

These are four of the RINO Republicans that voted against the Open Carry veto override today. We warned them last night that if they held up this bill and chose to OPPOSE the veto override that we would send out robo calls to all the independents and most of the Republicans in their districts. We kept our word.

Here is a recording of each robo call:

http://www.moremargin.com/ulwtomp3/13881\U9350U165686153131003405397404745.MP3

http://www.moremargin.com/ulwtomp3/13881\U9351U3687275213083545490575113.MP3

http://www.moremargin.com/ulwtomp3/13881\U9349U165575105305272655178111978.MP3

http://www.moremargin.com/ulwtomp3/13881\U9352U165387053324188154241193805.MP3

If you wish to have calls made to your legislator (that is restricting your 2nd Amendment rights, or for other un-Constitutional acts), feel free to email Al at: [email protected]
or via phone at (405) 412-6233.

We have GOT to get our legislators to start respecting the U.S. Constitution again. Those that refuse need their constituents INUNDATED with the facts of their deeds. The buck stops with the CONSTITUTION. Not with your legislators opinions.

Thanks!

Dan W. Howard
Tulsa, OK
www.OutragedPatriots.com

Dan Howard is a former Trooper, one of my partners while I also was on the OHP we both support the already 230+ year old Right to for you to openly carry if you choose. We both took an oath to uphold the laws of the Constitution and this is it! and we still do! Any other discussion?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TURNCOATs - Changed Vote from YEA on original vote to NAY on override vote -
Auffet ( D) [email protected] (405) 557-7394
Carey (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7366
Glenn (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7399
Hoskin (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7319
Inman (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7370
Luttrell (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7355
Rousselot (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7388
Shoemake (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7373

AWOLs- PRESENT BUT DID NOT VOTE -
Buck (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7383
Hilliard (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7412
Kirby (R) [email protected] (405) 557-7356
Morgan (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7368
Morrissette (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7404
Nations (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7323
Smithson (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7315

TO: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

SUBJECT: Urge your legislators to override the open carry bill veto!

Dear Representative:

I am highly distressed that you either (1) changed your vote on the open carry bill, or (2) refused to vote at all, when the time came to override the veto.

Another veto override vote will take place soon.

Take a stand! There is no reason why Oklahomans cannot be trusted to become residents of the 44th open carry state.

This bill is very important to me and many Oklahoma gun owners.

We will remember what you do.

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS

--
CARRY ON!
Russ Cook
Oklahoma Open Carry Petition Founder

--
Support Open Carry for Oklahoma http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

And another bump to bring this list forward... ... ...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how exactly do they get another vote? From the House Rules:

9.11 – Reconsideration of Measures Returned by Executive Veto
(a) When a bill or joint resolution is returned to the House
because of a veto by the Governor, a motion to vote to override the
veto shall be in order at any time.
(b) A motion to vote to override a veto by the Governor is
debatable. Such debate shall be limited to thirty (30) minutes,
equally divided between the proponents and opponents of the
question, provided that no Member may speak for more than ten (10)
minutes.

That infers one attempt. Additionally, there were not motions to reconsider that vote, due to House Rule 9.10 limiting motions to reconsider to one per bill. There also was not a suspension of Rules, either.

I believe this claim of getting another override attempt is nothing more that a little political grandstanding.

hullxsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do y'all think a mistake may have been a lot of us saying we would not "open carry" but rather conceal with no concern of "printing." That was my hope and I thrust it on everyone else; sorry. N E way, I am more stoked than ever to get involved in the 2A rights battle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom