HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, as long as you get/have a permit.
It will change the current CCW to CCW and OC.

I've read the pertinent sections and what concerns me is that the changes make the permit a license to carry a handgun.

The current license specifically states at the top Concealed Weapon License.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that a police officer that is either uninformed about the law or over enthusiastic in its enforcement could arrest one for OC'ng if one presented an existing license.

Which begs the question as another has asked: Will OSBI be reissuing to have the license say weapon license, will we need to reapply or will existing licenses be grandfathered.

I've got 10 years on mine when I renewed last year. Don't really want to have to renew. Seems like a gray area.

Comments from the legal beagles on board?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They didn't get to it today... went to committee meetings... tomorrow starts at 1:30PM (committee meetings in the morning), but its still there.

So as long as they don't pull the "lock it in the conference committee" crap like they did with ballot access, we should be good. Even if they do, I'm sure someone will start a discharge petition.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not getting my hopes up on this.

I think it has the support of the House, if the politicians are to be believed. I think that Tibbs or Benge may try to hold it up. I'm almost certain that Henry will veto it.

If they try to lock it into a conference committee, I'm sure we can find a Rep who will start circulating a discharge petition (House Rule 7.12). If 2/3 sign it, it is forced to the floor. If we don't get 2/3, we get it on paper who really did and didn't support it.

It's actually a win-win.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benge is in favor of it.................Ive talked with him on this one.

That's good to know.

My rep hasn't gotten back to me since my first email to send him.

At least the previous guy responded every time, even though I am registered in the opposite party. (Previous was a D, current is an R, and I am still registered R for the primaries since there are no single party elections that affect me this year.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom