Heads up Tulsa, ANOTHER OIS...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just flipped on Fox 23. Officer involved shooting at 46th St N and MLK.
Never seen so many cars/cops. Riot police deployed. Many TPD and TCSO on scene.

Obviously a 'minority' by the presence of the protesters. Newscaster saying they've never seen this quick of response this soon.

Very Tense but calm. Ongoing investigation. Avoid the area!

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting occurred around 10a. 29 yo man wanted for mental reconnaissance for mental issues. Being searched for two weeks. Subject tazed multiple times with no effect.

Last edited:

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The crowds are growing as they continue to wake up.

LOL.

Agree with post above "news" continues to push "breaking" with an "earlier" banner in the corner.

Definitely not normal to see the quick response with the "tac motorhome" and dudes all riot gear kitted.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to diminish the death of someone's loved one but DAMN ... do NONE of these people realize that at some point you might need to rethink the course you are on?

Yes, I realize he had "mental issues" but if the family was so unable to handle him I can't figure out how they think the police should take the knifings they didn't want to risk. (This IS the guy who was armed with a knife, right? I'm just kinda assuming because I caught the tail-end of an interview with a family member last night saying police had robbed him of his whole life when they could have taken his knife away from him, or tackled him or just wounded him or something but the bloodthirsty bastards chose to shoot him dead instead.

While I feel her pain (I have more than my fair share of card-carrying nutjobs for relatives) but blaming the cops for killing one of them if they decided to "fight their way out of being signal eighted" is not one of the reactions I would have. More like I would be feeling sad that my relative couldn't (or wouldn't) see their own problems, guilty that I couldn't have figured out a way to help them and grateful that no one else got hurt (or worse) in an encounter that I had set in motion by calling 911.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I find offensive is the news coverage trying to incite a riot with unknown facts and speculation. One fox23 reporter said they guy was shot in the back but there was no proof of that, only speculation. Then they showed several interviews with local residents giving their uniformed emotional opinion on what happened. Why broadcast rumor and false facts? Why not wait until they really know what happened? It's like the news media would like to see a riot so they can have some news to broadcast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom