Obama announces restrictions on distribution of military-style equipment to police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, stop the militarization of LE! this must be a new phenomenon, and it has surely not always been this way........

LE has always been a paramilitary organization. Sometimes they look similar, sometimes they don't. LE has pretty much always used surplus military equipment too. Most of the time it works, and it's CHEAP. I might hurt some feelers, but this new "militarization of LE" trend is bunk. It's fear mongers and those with a political agenda creating a "problem" to further their goals, and the paranoid and small minded or uneducated buying it.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me guess … you are hunkered down in a bunker with your tin foil hats pulled down tight waiting for that critical tipping point when law enforcement agencies (finally) have enough firepower that our “tyrannical government” will give the order to … do exactly what? Take your guns? Rape your dog? Send your kids to reeducation camps where no one is allowed to read to them? Steal your favorite unicorn?

Is it that you would rather have the police less armed to placate your paranoid “what if” scenario then to have them be prepared for contingencies where they would need to have the right equipment to protect the people they serve (and themselves)? Or do you just believe anything Barack Hussein Obama says?

You just sound disgruntled and ignorant, nothing you said is relative to this conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather local governments, law enforcement, fire, etc. have MRAPs and other surplus vehicles as opposed to leaving them overseas, using for target practice, or just letting them rust in some field. I don't believe it is the equipment that makes a law enforcement force evil, it has always been the acts of a few individual LEO's that have been the problem.

Jim Bob

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading this thread makes me realize that for whatever reason, there is a disconnect between law enforcement and a significant portion of the general population. That fact says mistakes must have been made, trust needs to be restored, and a change is needed. The animosity is caused by something. Too many speeding tickets? Too many shootings? Too close to the "evil government"? I don't know, but the misstrust is definitely there.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me guess … you are hunkered down in a bunker with your tin foil hats pulled down tight waiting for that critical tipping point when law enforcement agencies (finally) have enough firepower that our “tyrannical government” will give the order to … do exactly what? Take your guns? Rape your dog? Send your kids to reeducation camps where no one is allowed to read to them? Steal your favorite unicorn?

Is it that you would rather have the police less armed to placate your paranoid “what if” scenario then to have them be prepared for contingencies where they would need to have the right equipment to protect the people they serve (and themselves)? Or do you just believe anything Barack Hussein Obama says?

I would rather the citizens have equal access to whatever the police have. And no, I could give a rat's rear end what they have to protect themselves.
I tend to view anything a politician says with mistrust. I tend to view any state or city worker the same way, as they are in the employ, and therefore representatives of, the political entity that hired them.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would rather the citizens have equal access to whatever the police have.

Besides pretty lights and a siren, if you had the funds what is it that they have that you don’t have access to?

And no, I could give a rat's rear end what they have to protect themselves.

You should change your screen name to “Richard Noggin”. Then people would expect you to make such comments. Then again, probably not that much different from using Ted Kennedy as a moniker.

I tend to view anything a politician says with mistrust. I tend to view any state or city worker the same way, as they are in the employ, and therefore representatives of, the political entity that hired them.

It is fully within your rights to be paranoid and ignorant. I wish you and Perm37 the best of luck with your tin foil origami classes.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LE has always been a paramilitary organization. Sometimes they look similar, sometimes they don't. LE has pretty much always used surplus military equipment too. Most of the time it works, and it's CHEAP. I might hurt some feelers, but this new "militarization of LE" trend is bunk. It's fear mongers and those with a political agenda creating a "problem" to further their goals, and the paranoid and small minded or uneducated buying it.

Well done. Solid post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom