Heartland Match on Father's Day a GO!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I enjoyed the match and shooting what I carry, under my summer shirt tail. Loaded it up and put it back on in the car. Wonder how many others did the same or if they put their big guns back in the bag and pulled their "real" summer carry guns out from under the seat. :) Or in Jesse's case, from their sock. :) Next match, let's all shoot the little guns for some real world fun scenarios. I really like the mover David, fun and tough to get 4 shots on each. Nice idea.

LurchYNWA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This newbie had a fun time, but that mover still freaks me out. Visualizing I am calm, cool, and collected, but as at it pops out I feel like a dog chasing after squirrel. All action, no plan!! :) I crack off four shots and then wonder what happened?! **Must remember.... go slooowwer.** I think my new motto with that trolley from hell will be... two shots on target is better than four misses!

I had a good time overall. I won't be there next month because I have to go to a wedding out of town, :( but I think I will try and make it to the HH shoot next month.

Thanks again to all the people responsible at the Heartland shoot.

XDnOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed the match and shooting what I carry, under my summer shirt tail. Loaded it up and put it back on in the car. Wonder how many others did the same or if they put their big guns back in the bag and pulled their "real" summer carry guns out from under the seat. :) Or in Jesse's case, from their sock. :) Next match, let's all shoot the little guns for some real world fun scenarios. I really like the mover David, fun and tough to get 4 shots on each. Nice idea.

Had a great time as well, I will bring my carry gun for the next match just for fun as my SA XD 5" tactical is a just a touch to big to carry conceled for more than a few minutes. Would like to see Jessie shoot a subcompact carry weapon though!!!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
David mentioned maybe allowing .380's next match so that excuse may not wash. I want to see your reload time on that thing. :)

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another forum, I posted a poll about what caliber people carry as a primary SD gun. Quite a few listed .380. I will give the matter more thought, but I don't see why we can't allow them. Truthfully, they won't be as competitive as 9mm's on up, but if it gets someone out there actually learning how to shoot their gun better, then why not?

Heck, I didn't have a .22 LR division prior to the junior girl wanting to shoot one. I didn't think there'd be much call for it. It makes it more difficult to score targets (those .22 holes are small!) so I am going to limit .22 LR to junior shooters only.

I will sort out various ideas and put them together prior to the next match.

Speaking of which...........I have some cool (evil?) ideas coming up, so if you are up for a challenge, come shoot the Heartland match next month.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another forum, I posted a poll about what caliber people carry as a primary SD gun. Quite a few listed .380. I will give the matter more thought, but I don't see why we can't allow them. Truthfully, they won't be as competitive as 9mm's on up, but if it gets someone out there actually learning how to shoot their gun better, then why not?

Heck, I didn't have a .22 LR division prior to the junior girl wanting to shoot one. I didn't think there'd be much call for it. It makes it more difficult to score targets (those .22 holes are small!) so I am going to limit .22 LR to junior shooters only.

I will sort out various ideas and put them together prior to the next match.

Speaking of which...........I have some cool (evil?) ideas coming up, so if you are up for a challenge, come shoot the Heartland match next month.

I only carry my 380 but I have the bigger guns in my vehicles. I would like to shoot my 380 more but it really isn't a match kind of gun because it has no sights, the ammo is expensive, I don't have enough mags for an 18 round stage, I only have a pocket holster.

So maybe the thing to do with the snubby revolvers and the 380 is to have a side match after the main match and start form low ready and shoot 6-10 rounds per stage or something like that.

too bad I missed this last match; Fathers day obligations.

Since I wasnt there, I hope you spread the winnings around.. :D

We did let David win his own match, finally. Thanks for not being there so we could make that possible for him.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only carry my 380 but I have the bigger guns in my vehicles. I would like to shoot my 380 more but it really isn't a match kind of gun because it has no sights, the ammo is expensive, I don't have enough mags for an 18 round stage, I only have a pocket holster.

So maybe the thing to do with the snubby revolvers and the 380 is to have a side match after the main match and start form low ready and shoot 6-10 rounds per stage or something like that.

So your saying that the gun that Might save your life is, Small, doesn't hold lots of ammo, has bad sights, the ammo is costly so you don't shoot it much, and to use it in a match you need to start at the ready???? :ooh2:

If that was me I'd Rethink that gun as a carry gun.:idea:

Latest posts

Top Bottom