Heartland Match on Father's Day a GO!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a quick note, that there WILL be a match at Heartland this Sunday, June 20th.

Yes, it's Father's Day, which means........you have the right, by golly, to shoot this match if you want to! It's YOUR Day! :hey3:

And if you're a wife or daughter, what better gift to give the Father in your life but by paying for his entry fee and giving him a free match at Heartland as his Father's Day Present! (or at least, cheerfully encourage him to go!)

There will be 4 stages totalling about 60 rds. There will be moving targets and more.

Since Mike Pinto kindly moved the rifle match up an hour, you can plan on your Father's Day activities to transpire during the afternoon, to be completed prior to the Heartland match.....:D

See? you can shoot BOTH matches......it IS Father's Day, after all. Go for what you can when you can!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
more info on match please. Sounds fun.

From previous threads:

When: 3rd Sunday Night of each month.
Signup: Starts 5:30

Match Type: Handgun only. IPSC rules with IDPA-like scoring.
Stages: Four (typically)
Round Count: 50 – 70 rds required.

Equipment: Practical guns .38 spl/9mm or larger, carried in practical gear. Holster must cover triggerguard. Two spare magazines or 2 speedloaders will get you thru any stage. No shoulder holsters or cross-draw rigs. No Competition Only guns or gear.
Rules: Basically, IPSC rules with IDPA-like scoring.

Divisions:
Low Cap = 10 rd mags or less. (you may load magazines down for this division)
High Cap = 11 rd mags or more (load 'em up!)
Revolver = any revolver, barrel length 2.26" or longer, any capacity.
PDLL = Ported (like the Glock "C" models) Dot (like the Optima red dot) Lasers and gun-mounted Lights. If your 5-shot J-frame has a laser, it'll compete in this division.
SubCompact: Semi-autos with barrels 3.5" or shorter.
Snubby: 5-shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.
Prizes: YES! $50 Heartland Outdoor Gift certificates!
Awarded randomly! Must be present to win.

Limited to first 40 shooters!

Cost: $20

(active military and full-time Law Enforcement ½ price)

LurchYNWA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bring your pistol, holster and some mags as you will want to shoot once you get there.

He isn't kidding. I would have been miserable just watching. Sooo glad the guys talked me into shooting my first match last time.

My goal this time will be to slow down and work on getting of some of those accuracy points. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom