Heaven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gotta wonder, if all the free thinkers here, the ones that say "God doesn't exist, Satan doesn't exist, Jesus doesn't exist, heaven doesn't exist, nothing spiritual exists", were to have been born in Saudi Arabia, would they still speak up and say that?

Exactly! We should be more like Saudi Arabia

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gotta wonder, if all the free thinkers here, the ones that say "God doesn't exist, Satan doesn't exist, Jesus doesn't exist, heaven doesn't exist, nothing spiritual exists", were to have been born in Saudi Arabia, would they still speak up and say that?

Belief is emotional attachment devoid of facts to an idea with the hope that it is true. The evidence of the universe itself along with all the laws of nature supports my view that God does exist. I simply reject all the religious bullcrap which isn't necessary to know God exists.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wow, lots going on here.

1) just to be clear, you can still be spiritual without believing in god.

2) I believe studies have shown that you're more likely to be of one religion or another depending on where you were born. I.e. you'd be more likely to be muslim if you were born in a muslim country and had muslim parents (just like catholics in south america or baptists in the south).

3) If they were in Saudi Arabia, they might still hold the same beliefs but choose not to voice them out of fear. Being unable to speak about the issue doesn't necessarily change the belief.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, lots going on here.

1) just to be clear, you can still be spiritual without believing in god.

2) I believe studies have shown that you're more likely to be of one religion or another depending on where you were born. I.e. you'd be more likely to be muslim if you were born in a muslim country and had muslim parents (just like catholics in south america or baptists in the sout

3) If they were in Saudi Arabia, they might still hold the same beliefs but choose not to voice them out of fear. Being unable to speak about the issue doesn't necessarily change the belief.

That is a good answer. I just think they would be less inclined to think that all believers have a clouded mind.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You state that as if it were true. Can you prove it?

How else can someone believe in such things if they arent taught?

If you were 25 years old and never heard of any god of any kind and came across the bible in a book store and read it from cover to cover. What do you think your opinion would be on this book?

As far as proof of my claim? I guess its about the same as proof of any god. None.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How else can someone believe in such things if they arent taught?

If you were 25 years old and never heard of any god of any kind and came across the bible in a book store and read it from cover to cover. What do you think your opinion would be on this book?

As far as proof of my claim? I guess its about the same as proof of any god. None.

Exactly. A person can believe in all sorts of things they can't prove. To prove God, you would have to put him in a box that contains all the limits of our knowledge. I think God has us in his box, not the other way around.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. A person can believe in all sorts of things they can't prove. To prove God, you would have to put him in a box that contains all the limits of our knowledge. I think God has us in his box, not the other way around.

And where were you taught?

Latest posts

Top Bottom