Hello all you Okies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldArmy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello,

I stink at this so I'll just get down to it. I'm 29, born and raised in Georgia, joined the U.S. Army, served 8 years as an Artilleryman, during which I deployed 3 times, twice to Iraq and once to Afghanistan, during which time I collected a wife generated 2 kids, got out of the Army in 2012 and moved back home. Unable to find work 9 months later though I got in touch with a guy from my last unit out here in Oklahoma generated another child and got a job working for a floor leveling company in Ponca City. So for the last year and a little change I have been an Okie. I just ran across this website the other night, didn't think a whole lot about registering but after a forum member from www.forums1911forum.com told me about something cool that happened because of members of this site, I decided I'd sign up and so here I am.

P.S. I like just about anything that goes bang, spits fire or goes fast.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum OldArmy. What part of Georgia are you from? I was born in Cordele, Ga and was raised in Warner Robins, GA. My dad retired here at Tinker AFB so I have been in Oklahoma for about 35 years. I love it here.

OldArmy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum OldArmy. What part of Georgia are you from? I was born in Cordele, Ga and was raised in Warner Robins, GA. My dad retired here at Tinker AFB so I have been in Oklahoma for about 35 years. I love it here.

Habersham county. Most people don't seem to know of it? It's in the NE part of the state.

Welcome to the board and thank you for your service!
I never know what to say when someone thanks me for my service other than "you're welcome" which seems corny and odd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom