Help a newbie pick a home defense revolver.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I beg to differ.

You must be a VIP member to get the gun at that price.

"This Item is Currently Reserved for our VIP Members" - Bud's VIP

One year cost $24.95.

Not the way I read it and I was not logged into their site. But I could be wrong. But back to the OP. Lots of autos can be had for the $300 range if you wanted one. Revo's are not as easily found for quality and price, but shop around and you can find some. Gunbroker is your friend. The end all model 10 is not the only gun out there.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 4 inch S&W in .38 special (there are lots of models, 10, 15, 64 etc) is a good choice. .357 is loud and the muzzle flash has a tendency to blind you at night.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please let me know about all the S&W autos you find for sale at or under $300.

Tommy at Sooner State Pawn often has s & w sigma sw40ve new in the box for exactly $300. Right here in okc.

To the op... Tommy will also transfer anything you buy off the interwebs for $10, and do it with a smile.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer your question:
S&W 10, 15,19,65,66,586,686
Ruger gp, security six
Colt trooper
Or any other high quality 4" barrel revolver is an excellent choice for the one gun owner. I would look for a .357 as it is more versatile and feeds a wide array of .38 & .357 ammo. Revolvers have a much simpler manual of arms/eas of operation. Snubbies take a lot of practice to master, longer than 4" barrels get heavy quickly which may be hindrance to your wife's enjoyment of shooting.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My colt king cobr 6" barrel 357 i my daughter's favorite gun to shoot. She's 13 and a cheerleader. I don't think his wife will have a problem with the weight. To the contrary, that long barrel soaked up a ton of recoil.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I like this post more than any I've read in awhile. GED has a purdy mouth.

An I like duh way you tawlk, mmm-hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjfd4hnE-PI

5plitreel.files.wordpress.com_2011_04_90s21.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom