Help me pick my .22 plinker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting to pick up a plinking pistol. I've been debating whether to get the ruger mk III, browning buckmark, or the s&w model A. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Preferably SA

Main qualifiers are price, accuracy, and ease to dissassymble and clean.
Thoughts?

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a browning buckmark and you won't be disappointed. I had a Ruger Mk III - it was a great gun, very accurate but a severe pain in the butt to tear all the way down and clean. I bought a Buckmark and haven't regretted it since. I've got a 7" barrel on mine and its super accurate and easy to maintain.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wanting to pick up a plinking pistol. I've been debating whether to get the ruger mk III, browning buckmark, or the s&w model A. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Preferably SA

Main qualifiers are price, accuracy, and ease to dissassymble and clean.
Thoughts?

Both are really great guns but if I had to choose I would pick a Browning Challenger III Buckmark. Comes with target trigger adj rear sight, bull barrel and top of the line wood and metal finish. I hear they are realy good shooters and hold their value. With that said the Ruger mk III looks good feels good and groups good for the money. A Gun Smith would charge $25 to dissasymble and clean a small price to pay if is a keeper and a passer down. They really don't need cleaned that often.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both are really great guns but if I had to choose I would pick a Browning Challenger III Buckmark. Comes with target trigger adj rear sight, bull barrel and top of the line wood and metal finish. I hear they are realy good shooters and hold their value. With that said the Ruger mk III looks good feels good and groups good for the money. A Gun Smith would charge $25 to dissasymble and clean a small price to pay if is a keeper and a passer down. They really don't need cleaned that often.

Thank you for your advice. Due to your singular suggestion I believe that is the exact gun I will get.

THANKS OSA!!!

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Walther P22 is a lot of fun. Not super accurate, but lots of fun. If you care to come to the Claremore area one day, you're more than welcome to shoot mine.

I have both barrels for it, so you should be able to get a pretty good idea.

Just let me know.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Smith 22A awhile back. With the picatinny-style top-strap, it's made for a scope or red dot. I put a red dot on mine and it's a real tack-driver..all the way out to 50 yards with no magnification.

Latest posts

Top Bottom