Help me pick my .22 plinker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a buckmark camper today. Gave it a first initial cleaning of course. Haven't shot it yet and anxious to do so. It feels really good in my hand though.

Knowing that 22's can sometimes be finicky with ammo, what are your experiences with the different brands of bulk 22LR ammo with this pistol in regards to just general target shooting/plinking?

Mine eats everything I've fed it. I usually shoot Rem and Federal bulk. But it also runs with CCI and Winchester. I haven't shot ammo that it didn't like.

The Rem bulk has more dud rounds than the other manufacturers from my experience.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of used Ruger Mark II's out there in just about any guise you'd care to have and at good prices. I have 2 of them, a stainless 5.5" bull barrel and a blued 5.25" target. I personally think the Mark II's are better than the Mark I and III. JMHO

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can stomach the price, this (S&W 617) is the primo 22lr handgun.

I couldn't stomach the price. But I did a little swapping with SDR and ended up with his. I've put about 1500 to 2000 rounds through it since then and the action has smoothed out to where shooting DA vs SA is not an issue anymore. Prior to this little plinker the Buckmark was a fav. Well the 617 is now my fav. I take it out almost every night and shoot it or fondle it.

Hey Mav did you ever get a plinker?

BigDaddyCan2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a quick question about the Walther P22, is the businness end of the standard barrel threaded and have a thread protector? I am asking because I want to buy one and I'm wondering if I am going to have to buy another barrel to instal a suppressor.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting to pick up a plinking pistol. I've been debating whether to get the ruger mk III, browning buckmark, or the s&w model A. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Preferably SA

Main qualifiers are price, accuracy, and ease to dissassymble and clean.
Thoughts?

Ruger .22 (whatever Mark they are up do) and a majestic arms speed strip kit. Worth every penny.

http://www.majesticarms.com/id10.html

greg1996zz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been shooting the same buckmark since '86 and have put many, many, thousand rounds down range with it. Never changed a part or had any big issues. Trigger is great and still as accurate as the day I bought it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom