Help me with blade steel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my S30V Spyderco native, but it doesn't stay shaving sharp at all. It loses that edge quick, but it stays sharp forever. I can always count on this knive being sharp when I pull it out, but that proud feeling of making one hair whittling sharp doesn't last long.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I ended up getting a Benchmade Nimvarus from Andy here on the boards, 154cm about 4.5 in with textured aluminum handles. I really like it alot I also have my eye on a Rat 5 D2 2nd that come up on flea bay every now and then, and drooling over the Chris Reeve/Harsey Professional Soldier S35VN that would make a nice fixed blade EDC.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I ended up getting a Benchmade Nimvarus from Andy here on the boards, 154cm about 4.5 in with textured aluminum handles. I really like it alot I also have my eye on a Rat 5 D2 2nd that come up on flea bay every now and then, and drooling over the Chris Reeve/Harsey Professional Soldier S35VN that would make a nice fixed blade EDC.

I just saw that knife in the classified section and was going to point it out. That's a good knife. Also, I would be remissed if I failed to point out that our own member Bill Coye makes a Ridgeback (killer small-sized EDC fixed-blade) out of 154CM and his work is absolutely top-notch. He uses 3D textured G10 and they are fairly thick, but have a nice tapered spine so they are very usable. He tempers the blade several times to achieve some serious edge-retention out of that steel.

Your only warning is that once you use one of his knives, you'll look at all your other 154CM blades a little differently since they don't stack up to that Ridgeback.

Latest posts

Top Bottom