Help on suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I getting separate suppressors for the rifles and 9mm handguns. Would like all the 9mm to fit with one can. Not sure with the 7.62x39 and 5.56/223 being interchangeable. Going to add a 308 bolt action to the mix too.

Pick good 9mm can, ensure all of your barrels have same thread pitch, need the booster for said thread pitch (1/2x28 is standard).

Pick good 7.62 can, ensure can has QD (preferred) or direct thread adapters for all of the thread pitch you need (1/2x28 for 5.56, 5/8x24 for .308/300blk, random russky metric size for your AK).

What 9mm firearms are you planning on using it with? Is there a chance you might use it with a bigger pistol caliber?

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
While the Nielson device is required for semi-auto pistols that use a tilting barrel, it's not used for those with fixed barrels. This is why some suppressors either come with or have available a fixed barrel spacer. Some also are rated for a wide range of both pistol and rifle calibers, often with the rifle caliber requiring a minimum barrel length. The Liberty Mystic X is one example.

Yep! Mine is rated for 9mm and 300aac sub and supersonic, and full auto. Only 5" long too. My stamp can't get here soon enough. May have to built an 300 blackout upper for my sbr, since I already have the suppressor and all.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Most center-fired pistol caliber cans are rated for subsonic 300blk, which we know to be a rifle caliber.
You don't need multiple cans to do what you want.

A subsonic 300blk is different than a 7.62x39
So, in that case a "pistol caliber" suppressor would not fit his needs.
He would need one rated for rifle rounds, which you mentioned, like the Hybrid.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pick good 9mm can, ensure all of your barrels have same thread pitch, need the booster for said thread pitch (1/2x28 is standard).

Pick good 7.62 can, ensure can has QD (preferred) or direct thread adapters for all of the thread pitch you need (1/2x28 for 5.56, 5/8x24 for .308/300blk, random russky metric size for your AK).

What 9mm firearms are you planning on using it with? Is there a chance you might use it with a bigger pistol caliber?
Mostly Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm and CZ P07 9mm (non duty). Once I get my learning curve in place, will try going with a 40 cal.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With regard to 9mm. It will work on all of your 9mm. The thing you want to insure is that you have the same thread pitch on all of your barrels, that way you don't have to buy carry and swap multiple pistons or adapters. If you can standardize your barrels to have the same pitch you will save yourself a lot of money time and haste.
Thanks.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I am seriously considering a Silencerco Hybrid for my next suppressor, as it would allow me to run every gun I own suppressed. Eventually, yes I would love to have a dedicated suppressor for each caliber range; or better yet, each weapon; but I can't afford to do that up front.

Latest posts

Top Bottom