Here kitty...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep been there, done that, in the dark at 530 am. Worse yet is a flock of turkeys that I walked into. I though a vampire had got me.
I once had a flock of wild turkeys roost in the trees near my house. Not realizing this, I went outside at dusk and nearly every step was greeted with FLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPTHUMPFLAPFLAPTHUMPFLAPFLAPTHUMP as the birds tried to fly and bounced off the trunks of the trees.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walked to deer stand, in a THICK fog.
Climbing into the stand, there was a screech owl sitting in my chair. It decided to screech and then fly across the top of head and out the door, just as I appeared.
I spent most of the morning scoping the trees looking for that MF'er, to introduce him to a 7mm 140gr ballistic tip.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My place is a few miles east of Bristow. Though I’ve never seen tracks, I heard a scream one night that I do not think was a screech owl. Another time, my German shepherd was playing frisbee at night and came running out of the dark and straight to the cabin door. He would not go back out the rest of the night. He has never cowered from anything before but something scared him that night. Always wondered if it was a cat.
Probably Bigfoot.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walked to deer stand, in a THICK fog.
Climbing into the stand, there was a screech owl sitting in my chair. It decided to screech and then fly across the top of head and out the door, just as I appeared.
I spent most of the morning scoping the trees looking for that MF'er, to introduce him to a 7mm 140gr ballistic tip.

OMG! 😂😂😂I wish I'd seen that! 😂😂 Though if I'd been with you I'd have probably just died of a heart attack! 😂😂

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just in case you didn’t know.

IMG_3471.jpeg

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OKWD claimed for many decades there were no mountain lions in Oklahoma. That was an outright lie. They knew better.

There have been black panthers along the Deep Fork River in Lincoln County since my dad was a kid - likely longer. Living close to the river as a kid, I've heard them scream many times. And my sister has actually seen one of them.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. You should be more concerned about spider webs that attack you or a covey of quail flushing that will generate a heart attack.
You're not wrong about the quail. We have them on our property and they will enduce my heart to skip a beat for sure. And snakes, I DON"T like snakes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're not wrong about the quail. We have them on our property and they will enduce my heart to skip a beat for sure. And snakes, I DON"T like snakes.
I don't mind snakes as long as I know where they are. It's when I'm walking in a grassy or leafy area, step on a stick that makes the grass or leaves move nearby that my dance moves go on display!

Latest posts

Top Bottom