High Power Rifle @ OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember, your run of the mill 16 inch AR15 is not a good competition rifle for 600 yards. It takes a lot of training and National Match rifles to be competetive. That is at least what I have been told.

I think Jesse's rifle would probably be ok. :)

He'd have to lose the comp, though. And get some good irons or shoot in F-Class. Can you do that with an AR?

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if they do F-class on the last Sunday of the month matches. You might ask the match director before hand, so you won't be disappointed. I agree that he would have to loose the comp. I would like to know the rationale behind that rule. It seems kind of silly to me. If it's too loud I can double plug.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F-class is a scoped rifle division. There are match rifle and service rifle divisions. Their is a minimum trigger pull weight of four pounds in the service rifle division. I don't know what the match rifle requirement is. The rifles that I've seen you shoot are not service rifles. A service rifle has to be configured as a main issue rifle for the US military, i.e. 1903, Garand, M14, M-16. You can modify them, but the outward appearance has to be same as the original issue configuration. The main exceptions of those rules that i can think of are sights (hoods are allowed) and stocks. Replacing an A2 stock with an A1 stock is specifically allowed. I don't think that the M-4 is included as a service rifle despite its current status, but you'd have to be stupid to shoot one across the course of fire.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is F Class? Would a good Iron Site 3 gun rifle work in High Power?

A2 sights or a carry handle would work just fine. Sight adjustments are necessary.

The reason for no comps is so you don't blast the shooters to the left and right of you. I think we all know how brutal those things are on the sides.

Latest posts

Top Bottom