Hipness question: Are snakeskin boots still ok to wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i wish i had my nacona lizards back,but then again,i've never been cool.

post em in the classifieds and ask 500 for em.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I went to Cattlemans last night. With the exception of the young, totally and utterly flaming hipster complete with pink pants and murse that came strutting out while we were waiting on a table, I'd say that cowboy boots don't ever go out of fashion regardless of what skin they are covered in. Noconas are still Noconas in that crowd. Wear 'em...

Last edited:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The deciding factor is based on one thing:

Your confidence

If you can rock them, you know you can. If you can't you can't.

Examples:

CAN rock snakeskin boots: Dave Grohl, The Black Keys, Cee Lo Green
CANNOT rock snakeskin boots: Clay Aiken, Jason Mraz

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could pull it off in the right situation. I could sport 'em at my next FTF where people would marvel and say, "Hey, that's that cat with the snakeskin boots. Dayum he's a b'dass! Maybe I can get his autograph. I heard he used to drum for Winger."

As Todd mentioned, I could rock them at a local well-known discount center and if I end up on peopleofwalmart.com, I'll know the experiment ended with a healthy dose of fail.

This makes me think of those old SNL skits with the Night at the Roxbury dudes. Wonder if they rocked the snakeskin kickers?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snake skin shoes? Baby put 'em on your feet, got the goodtime music and the Bo Diddley beat.

Some guys can pull off snakeskin and some can't. Gotta have a vague cowboy/rocker air about you. I can't quite pull it off. I wear all black leather boots, which I still probably don't pull off all that well to be honest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom