Hipness question: Are snakeskin boots still ok to wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a dude of around 30 at a lunch place in downtown Tulsa a few weeks ago. The guy was not only wearing Topsiders but the cheap freakin' $8 knock-offs you could buy in 1982. Where the @#$% did he even find those?!?

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a dude of around 30 at a lunch place in downtown Tulsa a few weeks ago. The guy was not only wearing Topsiders but the cheap freakin' $8 knock-offs you could buy in 1982. Where the @#$% did he even find those?!?

I think Old Navy or GAP or someplace like that has put those cheapies back on the shelves - I've seen them too.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha, Saturdays about the time hungover hipsters come to breakfast is a good time to people watch downtown. Blue Dome draws a bunch.

I saw a dude with a huge beard come in, wearing painted-on skinny jeans that were cut off by him with scissors to make capri pants that ended half-way down his calves. Then I realize he's like 35 years old, and has his wife and 2 kids with him. Now, I try not to judge, but c'mon dude, you don't need to make your kids explain to their friends why their daddy wears capri pants. :D

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Top-siders with khaki shorts and a polo shirt = okay (if that's your thing. +1 if you are from the Carolinas or Georgia coast and/or actually on a boat)

Top-siders with capri pants? I hope you realize how foolish you look.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Though there may be a point to those shoes. They were invented to be non-slip.

Considering the all piss and cheap beer all over the floor of the hipster bars (been to a few, once or twice), this could be very deliberate.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cards is so wearing capri pants and top-sliders right now.

FWIW, I look pretty ridiculous most of the time myself, it's just that I love making fun of other people so damn much and you can't stop me.

DAMAGAN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, Snakeskin Cowboys is a song lambasting posers.

Gah, faux-redneck kids in boots and shorts or boots with their pants tucked in bug me on the same level as hipsters in skinny jeans and boat shoes.

2011-04-30%252012.01.09.jpg

This is definitley the "I'm a senior in highschool, I drive a 90's chevy single cab pickup and live down a quarter mile of gravel road look" lol

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is definitley the "I'm a senior in highschool, I drive a 90's chevy single cab pickup and live down a quarter mile of gravel road look" lol

we've had this conversation before. personally i am proud to see a few kids left who actually look up to & try to emulate cowboys instead of crack head gangbangers. would you really rather see rural Oklahoma kids with their pants down & their underwear hanging out?

& it is perfectly acceptible to wear your jeans tucked in your boots, assuming you actually are a cowboy. & when i say cowboy i mean those who list cowboy as occupation on their tax returns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom