Hipness question: Are snakeskin boots still ok to wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pair of Python boots my wife bought for me a long time ago, they are too delicate to wear often.
I had Tony Lama lizards, I can't remember who's Elephants ( I had both of these resoled until there wasn't enough left to sew the sole on. They were both outstanding, the elephants were tougher than all get out and good looking too.
I have some sand Shark skin boots (chocolate) now, they are Justins. They seem pretty tough. an old boot guy I shined shoes for told me the only shark boots to buy are tiger shark, but I couldn't find any.

Bottom line, if they feel good and you like them tell everyone else to deal with it.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, are you at least 5'-9" or so? If not, be prepared to be called "Little Jimmy Dickens" while wearing the boots if the quality of your friends and family is on par with mine.

Actually part of the reason I war boots is because they bring me up to over 6' tall, a la George Costanza. "I wish I were big just once!" - Joe Pesci.

Yeah, I'm 6' 2", around 205. So I have that at least.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snakeskin boots, regardless of style or manufacturer, are NOT cowboy boots.
Wear them if you wish. I will laugh and point at your 'boots'.
You will be upset.
I am larger than normal.

LOL

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snakeskin boots, regardless of style or manufacturer, are NOT cowboy boots.
Wear them if you wish. I will laugh and point at your 'boots'.
You will be upset.
I am larger than normal.

LOL

Or it could be you're just jealous that you are too goofy looking to actually pull off the look.

Latest posts

Top Bottom