Hk91

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie Hunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The brass can be re-loaded and if you don’t like the dent add a port buffer to your 91. In the early
80’s Solider of Fortune mag did a test on a 91. They filled the mag with tooth paste and loaded the mag, 0 malfunctions. Try that with a modern gas gun
H&K 91’s run.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are probably the most reliable of all of the .30 battle rifles, out of the FAL, AR-10, and M-14... not that the others lag very far behind! They are also highly accurate... right up there with the AR-10 in that category. They have higher felt recoil than the others, due to their unique roller delayed blowback action. Their sights require a special tool to adjust elevation, and only have elevation settings from 100-400m (I like their sights the least of all the 7.62mm battle rifles). They have very cheap mags. They are a bit difficult to mount a scope on, since they require a "claw" mount that clamps to the receiver, which sometimes causes problems with shooting loose and/or not retaining a zero. It also requires a built-up cheek rest if optics are used. The bolt handle is located far forward. The mag release on the ones imported to the US is a button which is a bit hard to reach (the original G3 has a paddle that is a little easier to deal with). The mags are inserted straight, and drop free when ejected, instead of the rock-and-lock mags on the M-14 and FAL. The original HK's like you're talking about are of very high quality.

Definitely take it out and shoot it if you can. They are fine weapons. Take it to a range where you can do some longer-ranged shots (like 300 yards +)if you really want to see it in it's element!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned one but,I had a friend that owned two and I shot them some. I like the way the FAL shoots better. H&K's hold their value as well or better than most. From everything I've read on battle rifles I say the FAL is more reliable. A good Armalite AR-10T is more accurate in my experence. H&K's are great guns, I have three of their pistols.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine has an hk91. Fun to shoot but I kinda like recoil. The sights do suck but are adequate. Oh and the brass just gets totally molested. I have never seen a gun that is that hard on brass.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine has an hk91. Fun to shoot but I kinda like recoil. The sights do suck but are adequate. Oh and the brass just gets totally molested. I have never seen a gun that is that hard on brass.

any gun that uses the same fluted chamber/roller delayed lockup does the same

Latest posts

Top Bottom