Hogs are back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torque

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a nice day yesterday.
ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s297_torque60_101_0980Small.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just put the big one on the smoker. She will be ready tomorrow. The little one is for a friend who wants to put it in the ground.:rubhands:

Are you smoking quarters? Or, doing it whole? Went to a "pig out" once where they did one whole, with the apple in its mouth and the whole thing. Pretty awesome:D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buried pig is awesome... Haven't had one in years. Wife and kids don't think it sounds good. Hmmm, where do you get palm leaves in Okie land?

I was invited to an "in the ground" party a couple of years ago, and they used wet cotton sheets to wrap the meat in, and more to Keep the ashes/dirt out. They were doing 1/2 beef steers. Quite tasty.

torque

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you smoking quarters? Or, doing it whole? Went to a "pig out" once where they did one whole, with the apple in its mouth and the whole thing. Pretty awesome:D
I hung this one by it's back legs, skinned it out and deboned the shoulders, backstrap and hind quarters. I don't know about domestic pigs but ferrels have something that looks like little rabbit turds between muscle layers ( we call 'em boogers) that I want cut out so I like the meat seperated and cleaned.
So all I have is good meat that I simply salted and season with garlic powder then put on the smoker with a chunk of hickory. I'll smoke it for a few hours then wrap it up in foil and finish it off for 7 or 8 more hours.
When I get tired of eating that, it all goes into a pot with bbq sauce and gets made into bbq sandwich meat.
okhunter,
I have another post with trail cam pics on my feeder but I did not want to hunt it because of a NE wind so I went to a wheat field a few hundred yards south that I had seen a large group on when I was on the four wheeler earlier. Sure enough they were back on it when I came back. I used my
22-250 and head shot the first one (the big one) and then managed to get another as they busted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom