Homosexual bill passed by OKC Council

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all fairness it becomes less of a personal comment if the person is exhibiting a gross amount of ignorance at what he speaks of. To compare anxiety to homosexuality as being a comparable "illness" shows a lack of education at best. The Col. Fitts comparison is definitely earned to say the least.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss the old days when bigots didn't care if people thought them to be bigots. Something to be said for honest hatred. Now racists and gay haters always try to tell you how their hate is kind & gentle. Wimpy hate. Gross.

A gay hater in the 60s would just say he hates queers and was proud of it. Modern gay haters spew youth pastor hallmark card vomit and tell you how they 'feel sorry' and 'want to help them' while at the same time causing waaayy more harm to gay people than a redneck yelling "******" ever could.

Telling people the very core of who they are is "disgusting" in a snide, condescending way is worse than any gay slur. Or even school bullying.

How much time have you spent with gay people?

I've met a lot of gay people, it's a lot more open these days than it used to be. I disagreed with what they did and their lifestyle and all that, but we got along pretty well. The reality of the world is that you can't go around shoving your beliefs down peoples throats, that's just not realistic. In the real world, you have to deal with people of all different opinions, political bents and orientations. Especially in a professional environment. I've actually had conversations with homosexuals about the nature of their relationships and how they feel about it and all that.

However i feel about homosexuality as a lifestyle, it's not like i go around telling gay people they're disgusting or treating them like sh**.

In all fairness it becomes less of a personal comment if the person is exhibiting a gross amount of ignorance at what he speaks of. To compare anxiety to homosexuality as being a comparable "illness" shows a lack of education at best. The Col. Fitts comparison is definitely earned to say the least.

I'm college educated, though i don't have any education in the field of psychology. I don't think they're comparable illnesses, i'm just saying i think it's more of a mental issue than a personal decision issue.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss the old days when bigots didn't care if people thought them to be bigots. Something to be said for honest hatred. Now racists and gay haters always try to tell you how their hate is kind & gentle. Wimpy hate. Gross.

A gay hater in the 60s would just say he hates queers and was proud of it. Modern gay haters spew youth pastor hallmark card vomit and tell you how they 'feel sorry' and 'want to help them' while at the same time causing waaayy more harm to gay people than a redneck yelling "******" ever could.

Telling people the very core of who they are is "disgusting" in a snide, condescending way is worse than any gay slur. Or even school bullying.

How much time have you spent with gay people?

Agreed. He doesn't even understand that he's dehumanizing them and reducing them to an "illness that needs to be cured". He doesn't understand that his philosophy on the subject is the type of philosophy that's enabled the Mengeles of the world to commit atrocities. They think they're "helping" people. It's repugnant.

Would he stand up and fight against the people who would use his illness philosophy to force their "solution" on people against their will? Based on his comment about parents choosing for their children, I highly doubt it. :(

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the flaming homosexuals that I can't stand. Example:

The family and I were eating at Johnny Carinos a couple of weeks ago when two obviously guy men came in. They were seated at a table across from us. While waiting for the waitress both started singing to the music that was playing over the PA system while staring into each other's eyes. After the food came, one would take a spoon full of food, open his mouth wide, and seductively suck the food off the spoon while staring into the eyes of the other guy. It was disgusting to see all this. I'm glad the kids had their backs to these guys.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm just saying i think it's more of a mental issue than a personal decision

Is your sexuality a "mental issue"?

Your comparisons of homosexuality to pedophilia are really ignorant. Everything else equal, an average homosexual goes through the same stages of psychosexual development and attractions as an average heterosexual.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the flaming homosexuals that I can't stand. Example:

The family and I were eating at Johnny Carinos a couple of weeks ago when two obviously guy men came in. They were seated at a table across from us. While waiting for the waitress both started singing to the music that was playing over the PA system while staring into each other's eyes. After the food came, one would take a spoon full of food, open his mouth wide, and seductively suck the food off the spoon while staring into the eyes of the other guy. It was disgusting to see all this. I'm glad the kids had their backs to these guys.

It really isn't much worse than when a male-female couple does it, I find it just as annoying.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really isn't much worse than when a male-female couple does it, I find it just as annoying.
Agreed. I hate gross PDA in unnaceptable places from anyone, gay or straight.

My fault for hanging in dive bars but I see fat middle aged straight folks all but dry fawk each other way too often.

If you're an adult who makes out where people have to look at it, you're an immature creep.

Fish on

Marksman
Reaction score
Homosexuality is a choice. It is morally wrong and more importantly it is Biblical wrong.

With that said, it is no different than someone stealing a penny or a million dollars. It is simply a Sin.

And I for sure cannot toss the first stone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom