Honey don't forget to have the car detailed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like fireworks under two condition. #1, an a professionally run show
#2, when I'm doing my own on July 4th.

My little town doesn't allow fireworks on private property, so I've not done that since the kids grew up. Used to do sparklers in the back yard for the kids anyway.

Long before I had kid, we once put. 40's Buick about 100 feet in the air out in the desert... That was fun!

Also got to see a demo by my employer. An F-4 fighter dropping Rockeye cluster bombs on a tank formation. Talk about a thousand points of light! 🤩

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on patrol for the county as a deputy cruising slowly through the little city park in Hardtner, Kansas during one Fourth of July. It was hot, I had my bullet resistant girdle on, and was stopping and talking with whoever wanted to talk to me. I was rounding a corner and WHOOSH! a bottle rocket came into my driver's side window, went right under my nose, and out the passenger side window, then POP! I just continued driving as if nothing happened. I stopped outside the park and got out still shaking from the experience.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on patrol for the county as a deputy cruising slowly through the little city park in Hardtner, Kansas during one Fourth of July. It was hot, I had my bullet resistant girdle on, and was stopping and talking with whoever wanted to talk to me. I was rounding a corner and WHOOSH! a bottle rocket came into my driver's side window, went right under my nose, and out the passenger side window, then POP! I just continued driving as if nothing happened. I stopped outside the park and got out still shaking from the experience.

I haven't heard that town name in decades. When our high school Senior class took our "Senior Trip," it was to Washington, D.C. and we joined up with the Senior class of Hardtner. We all had a blast.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't heard that town name in decades. When our high school Senior class took our "Senior Trip," it was to Washington, D.C. and we joined up with the Senior class of Hardtner. We all had a blast.
Ha, all four of them? Ha Ha!

Class of 1970 + Add your name | More Alumni at Classmates.com®

Diane Grice
George Piersell
John Rathgeber
John Sutton

Class of 1969 + Add your name | More Alumni at Classmates.com®

Ellen Walker

Class of 1966 + Add your name | More Alumni at Classmates.com®

Don Graves
Jacob Achenbach

Last edited: