Horror Story: M&P 10 and S&W's Customer Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Henchman, hope it works out for you. Historically they have been very good at customer service and warranty. Companies have been known to change over time. Keep us up to date.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE: finally some good news.

To re-cap a little, in February, I was notified that S&W changed it's policy. While they still will not be selling spare parts for rifles, they will now be servicing damaged rifles that are not covered by warranty for a fee. They e-mailed me another return shipping label, and I sent my M&P 10 back to them one month ago to get a quote.

I got a letter in the mail from them today. They are quoting me $218 for a new barrel, $45 for labor, and $13 freight for a total of $276 to fix my rifle. It is a very reasonable price -- a hell of a lot better than buying a new $1100 rifle, like they originally wanted me to do. I called, gave them my credit card info, and told them to proceed. I requested that they return my damaged barrel, so I can get my low pro gas block and Troy FF barrel nut off of it, which are stuck on due to the barrel being bulged and split after the gas block.

I'm looking forward to getting this back. It sucks having good money tied up in a broken rifle for so long. At least some good came out of this whole shitshow. If nothing else, it got S&W to change a very bad policy, and gave an option to people who were in my boat -- a broken rifle that is out of warranty with no ability to acquire spare parts or even to pay to have it fixed.

Now -- who wants an M&P 10 with a BRAND NEW BARREL?!?!?!?!?

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE: finally some good news.

To re-cap a little, in February, I was notified that S&W changed it's policy. While they still will not be selling spare parts for rifles, they will now be servicing damaged rifles that are not covered by warranty for a fee. They e-mailed me another return shipping label, and I sent my M&P 10 back to them one month ago to get a quote.

I got a letter in the mail from them today. They are quoting me $218 for a new barrel, $45 for labor, and $13 freight for a total of $276 to fix my rifle. It is a very reasonable price -- a hell of a lot better than buying a new $1100 rifle, like they originally wanted me to do. I called, gave them my credit card info, and told them to proceed. I requested that they return my damaged barrel, so I can get my low pro gas block and Troy FF barrel nut off of it, which are stuck on due to the barrel being bulged and split after the gas block.

I'm looking forward to getting this back. It sucks having good money tied up in a broken rifle for so long. At least some good came out of this whole shitshow. If nothing else, it got S&W to change a very bad policy, and gave an option to people who were in my boat -- a broken rifle that is out of warranty with no ability to acquire spare parts or even to pay to have it fixed.

Now -- who wants an M&P 10 with a BRAND NEW BARREL?!?!?!?!?

Already dumped mine after it was re barreled at the factory and all the drama with yours.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll buy that M&P off of your for $277! j/k I am really glad they changed their policy. It is the first I have ever heard of them being bad at customer service and them fixing it is good for everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom