Hospital carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sign or not, I carry - why would a hospital be any different?

If it ain't prohibited by statute, I carry (if I want to).

It's only fineable/chargeable trespass if you are (a) discovered to be carrying, then (b) asked to leave by the owner's agent as a result, then (c) refuse to do so.

The chances of a, b, and c all happening are 0.0000% - because I can control (c). So if carrying is both better for you AND better for them - the owners and other public visitors, why woudN'T you carry in a place with a stupid sign?

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's been made abundantly clear to me: Gun in the car at the hospital where I work will result in immediate termination. They don't care if it's legal or not.

zroberts

New to the site!
Reaction score
When I took my CCL class, I was told that concealed carry weapons may be prohibited within building at the discretion of the proprietor, be it (they) a government or private entity, however this does not pertain to the parking lot or outside areas. So if you have a CCL, it is perfectly legal to leave your firearm in your vehicle, in the parking lot, if you work in or visit a building where firearms are prohibited. I think this is what Veggie Meat's OK State exerpt says, but with more and longer words...

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I took my CCL class, I was told that concealed carry weapons may be prohibited within building at the discretion of the proprietor, be it (they) a government or private entity, however this does not pertain to the parking lot or outside areas. So if you have a CCL, it is perfectly legal to leave your firearm in your vehicle, in the parking lot, if you work in or visit a building where firearms are prohibited. I think this is what Veggie Meat's OK State exerpt says, but with more and longer words...

Section D of title 21 1277, is a state law banning guns on college campuses, but....

As I stated previously, their "business owner's rights" would trump the ban..... IF...... they granted permission.

This is where colleges/univs. differ from elems., secondarys, vo-techs, etc. IMI

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Does not apply to K-12 and vo-techs. No firearms on the property, period.

Latest posts

Top Bottom