Houston man killed defending home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what his OPSEC was? Or even if he had any? Why wasn't his girlfriend actively engaged in the combat? My wife and I practice scenarios as to what we would do if we encountered these situations. We even have a code for her to drop or pull to the right in the event I had to take a headshot. In the event of a home invasion, my wife would be armed and would actively engage potential threats.

OPSEC people. Learn it and live it!!!

Do you all do all this scenario training naked? Do you wear a diaper with your num chucks hid in the back during this mommy baby hostage training? Tell us more about this training? LOL!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Away from the main topic, but still related to the event - from the report:

"Even though Destin was only able to give police a vague description of two black men as the shooters, she said she is positive she would be able to identify the gunmen if she saw their faces again."

If she comes up "missing" or otherwise, somebody needs to hold the newsholes accountable.

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just reinforces the need for layers of security. Things might have gone differently if the guy had a reinforced door... or some dogs to keep the invaders busy before they could get to the GF... and last but most certainly not least, a firearm that can be trusted to work reliably. I am always surprised by how much money people will spend on cars, clothes, jewelry, eating out, etc., but when it comes to the tool they use as a last resort to protect their lives, will skimp and buy the cheapest or close to the cheapest product in the category they are looking at, with little regard to quality or reliability. Also, you don't want the first time you've given thought to where your gun is and how you are going to get to it to be after the door gets kicked in. Having a malf on the first round also makes me wonder about bad ammo... remember to keep ammo from coming in contact with gun cleaning products like CLP... they can penetrate the cartridge and weaken the powder charge, or even produce a dud. Every few months or so, I like to shoot up my defensive pistols' carry loads in training, and replace them with fresh ammo.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You hit it on the nail head. Articles like these does nothing but bring out the armchair quarterbacks, internet lawyers etc. etc. LOL!

Which brings me to my next question. Why wasn't the homeowners gun registered. The police should know exactly what handgun he had and the serial number.

For those that don't know that was poor joke.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. I found my belly band. So as an experiment, I'm wearing one on the belt with that part of the shirt tail pulled over it, the rest tucked in. The other is in the belly band, pulled up high. Both are identical 9x18 Makarovs. Very flat, even the trained eye can't discern them. One Mak has around 1,000 rounds put through it, the other around two or three hundred. Accuracy was improved through practice with the Glock 30SF. Going from that to a 9x18 improved everything. I don't expect murderers to kick down my front door. But neither did that other guy. Neither of these pistols has ever malfunctioned. But did have some bad primers a long time ago on some Wolf ammo I bought. Going to do some things outside now, while I get a feel for the BUG.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK. I found my belly band. So as an experiment, I'm wearing one on the belt with that part of the shirt tail pulled over it, the rest tucked in. The other is in the belly band, pulled up high. Both are identical 9x18 Makarovs. Very flat, even the trained eye can't discern them. One Mak has around 1,000 rounds put through it, the other around two or three hundred. Accuracy was improved through practice with the Glock 30SF. Going from that to a 9x18 improved everything. I don't expect murderers to kick down my front door. But neither did that other guy. Neither of these pistols has ever malfunctioned. But did have some bad primers a long time ago on some Wolf ammo I bought. Going to do some things outside now, while I get a feel for the BUG.

Hate to break it to you, my Brother in-Law is Houston PD, he just called and said the guys gun was a Makarov.

Latest posts

Top Bottom