Houston man killed defending home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CHenry, what I took from this news article is the efficacy of having a BUG. At first I was pissed that the guy had a weapon malfunction, but as this thread progressed, I saw that a BUG could have been a random factor in the equation for his survival. I absolutely hate to armchair general this thing, but tragedies like this are often studied, and lessons drawn from them.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know. I don't know that it was even a semi. But whatever he was using, I don't want one. Everyone needs to know about Fail cases like this, where a specific make of a gun gets a citizen killed.
It was bad. His gun jammed after the first round. With two home invaders shooting him, there was no time for immediate action to clear the stoppage. If it comes out what gun he was using, I will make it a point to never own one.
Not arguing his tactics. Just want to know what gun he was using.
Despite everything, I want to know what gun.
Can't help it. I wanna know.
I am searching every lead I can on this, and about all I can find out about the homeowner's gun is that it failed after the first round, they shot him to death, and took the worthless gun from him when they fled.
I can't even find out if it was a semi or a revolver.
I don't think his gun oughta get a free pass on this. I'd simply like to know what he used, so I don't get one.
Like you said, the lady said she saw it jam after the 1st shot. All I want to know is who the manufacturer of the gun is. I have seen many demonstrations on YouTube of guns totally immersed in mud come up shooting. Many people are insinuating the homeowner was at fault. Perhaps so. But his gun failed him, according to the witness.

Where was his back up gun? The best question of the entire thread. Many have suggested that he was unfamiliar with, and did not clean his weapon. More still opine that all weapons fail at one time or another. Some suggest he limp wristed. I feel like his weapon let him down. That's where a BUG could have extended the fight, if not saved his life.
In winter I carry a BUG because concealment is so much easier with the additional clothing. I have an additional holster on the way so I can BUG in the summer months.
Let's look at what the homeowner did right. He responded to his girlfriend's screams. He responded armed, with one in the tube. And he got a round off. I'll go with the consensus that all firearms malfunction at one time or another, and his certainly did. I can't shake the bad feeling I have about his weapon, though. This whole tragedy reinforces the wisdom of carrying a BUG, in my opinion. I appreciate everyone's input on what happened down in Houston.
I think it says a lot though, for the merits of carrying a BUG.
Hard to say. But a BUG is a sound concept.
Don't take anything from the thread then, guys. Don't take the chic's word on it. Don't carry a bug, put all your eggs into one basket.
CHenry, what I took from this news article is the efficacy of having a BUG. At first I was pissed that the guy had a weapon malfunction, but as this thread progressed, I saw that a BUG could have been a random factor in the equation for his survival. I absolutely hate to armchair general this thing, but tragedies like this are often studied, and lessons drawn from them.

Okay let me see if I'm clear on this and have this right. You only want to know what gun it was and BUG is good.

Infowar Rebel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what his OPSEC was? Or even if he had any? Why wasn't his girlfriend actively engaged in the combat? My wife and I practice scenarios as to what we would do if we encountered these situations. We even have a code for her to drop or pull to the right in the event I had to take a headshot. In the event of a home invasion, my wife would be armed and would actively engage potential threats.

OPSEC people. Learn it and live it!!!

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what his OPSEC was? Or even if he had any? Why wasn't his girlfriend actively engaged in the combat? My wife and I practice scenarios as to what we would do if we encountered these situations. We even have a code for her to drop or pull to the right in the event I had to take a headshot. In the event of a home invasion, my wife would be armed and would actively engage potential threats.

Omfg.....just don't hit her with your katana.

This signature is illegal in California

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Infowar, Baby!

Latest posts

Top Bottom