How do I pay taxes? Let me count the ways.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I LOLd at the Telephone Tax. Not long ago, I read a story about a phone tax enacted to offset the expense of the Spanish-American War. While i can't vouch for accuracy, I was not surprised to find out it was still in effect.

And yeah, mine is around 50% and they want MOAR!

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We already do. I have to pay taxes on a tax refund cause they claim it's income. I think it's double taxation.
EXACTLY!!!! I already paid taxes on that F-off!.
--Mech
taxes on parts cores(if you don't have the old one right there, then you pay taxes on it then only get refunded the $10 core charge- not the taxes)
If I paid income taxes on it, then is all the money I have already taxed? therefore would I not be double paying when I pay for fuel/food/whatever?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
EXACTLY!!!! I already paid taxes on that F-off!.
--Mech
taxes on parts cores(if you don't have the old one right there, then you pay taxes on it then only get refunded the $10 core charge- not the taxes)
If I paid income taxes on it, then is all the money I have already taxed? therefore would I not be double paying when I pay for fuel/food/whatever?
Absolutely! We are already double-taxed on nearly EVERY dollar we spend, and the .gov is already pulling in more than 50% of every dollar earned in this country.

Any argument about raising taxes is simply about going from double- to triple-taxation. Sadly, I've lived in a place where it's even worse. Of course... now that European economy is starting to fall apart, isn't it? Don't think it won't happen here... without some serious changes in how we as a country and a .gov do business, well, it's going to get worse until it all collapses. :(

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'll get this started. Please add the ones I've missed. I know over 50% of my income is paid in a tax of some sort but I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's over to 60%.

1. Federal Income Tax
2. Oklahoma Income Tax
3. Social Security (Yes, it's a tax and I get to pay double since I'm self employed)
4. Property Taxes (I get to pay this on property and equipment)
5. Sales Tax
6. Federal Unemployment Tax
7. Gasoline Tax (Does anyone know how much of every gallon goes to taxes?)
8. Telephone Tax (These seem to keep going up. What the heck are they for?)
9. Toll tax
10. Worker's Compensation Tax
11. Vehicle Sales Tax
12. Vehicle Registration Tax
13. Watercraft Registration Tax
14. ATV Registration Tax
15. RV Registration Tax

You forgot Medicare taxes

Latest posts

Top Bottom