HOW DO YOU CLEAN CANS ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Build a PVC tube that will hold your can with a cap. Mix 50/50 apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Place can in tube and fill the tube all the way up. let soak for about a half hour shaking the tube every once in a while...that's why the cap. Take it out, rinse really well and blow out with compressed air...NOTE!! don't get any of the liquid on your bare skin. You have made lead acetate and it WILL penetrate skin wear gloves and don't breath in the vapor. This is how several manufacturers clean the cans sent back.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the title said "How to clean a CAT"

1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.
2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.
3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power wash and rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.
6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.
Sincerely,
The DOG

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Build a PVC tube that will hold your can with a cap. Mix 50/50 apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Place can in tube and fill the tube all the way up. let soak for about a half hour shaking the tube every once in a while...that's why the cap. Take it out, rinse really well and blow out with compressed air...NOTE!! don't get any of the liquid on your bare skin. You have made lead acetate and it WILL penetrate skin wear gloves and don't breath in the vapor. This is how several manufacturers clean the cans sent back.
I’ve done this with my Spectre II. Do not use the dip on aluminum or titanium parts.

Tumblers and ultrasonic cleaners are safer than using the dip, provided that you know what is in any solvent that you may use and how they react with lead and metals you’re cleaning.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have to clean them? Like a welded 556 suppressor that cannot be disassembled..
You have a few options:

1) You don’t clean them.
2) You send them to the manufacturer for cleaning.
3) You pay a shop like Ecco Machine to jailbreak your can.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My rifle cans self clean. my 22 can doesn't load up too bad, not like some peoples cans. Haven't had a real problem shooting factories thru pistol cans, mostly it's when I reload and use some dirty powder like unique.
Now, MAC 10/11 cans are a different story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom