How many of you guys still wear a watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind?

IMG_0483.jpeg

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of people do, especially in the timepiece forum. But that doesn't really look like a good example of a dive watch, or at least a traditional one for sure.

smart watches are becoming very functional, but a good automatic or mechanical can be a thing of beauty.

That said, my casio g-shock 5610 is hard to beat and does everything it needs to do without much fuss. But it doesn't look as good as my other watches for sure.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a favorite cheapo of which I keep several on hand. If it gets destroyed at work, it is not a big loss. I keep a nice one for when I'm not working. They never need adjusting, get a battery in two years or so, maybe a second one, then pitched. I'd HATE to mess up a nice watch.
This one:

Joe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-101342_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207-101342_Google.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240207-101325_Walmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207-101325_Walmart.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 0

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Closest match = dive quartz.

MTM Special Ops. 60th birthday present. I'm 77 now and it just keeps on ticking.

The band has solid stainless steel links and weighs 6.9 ounces without the two links I had to remove to fit my skinny wrist. Yeah, it's beefy and water resistant down to 330 feet. It needs recharging on a special stand about every 3 or 4 months.

If I was into diving, I'd have to leave it ashore lest I not be able to surface.

Woody

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During my working years, a nice watch was always part of my "uniform". It was always a good look to "flash" the gold watch during meetings.

But the watch was one of the first things to go after retirement.

But, My wife and I were given smart watches last year, and I have become a fan of the various features.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried.
They all broke so I gave up 35 years ago.
None of my cars have a clock.
But a couple years ago I got a used Garmin that I stick in whatever car I am driving so I know what speed I am going and it tells me how far I went and it does have a clock.

$30 used. That is a cheap speedometer.
Yea my vehicle speedometers do not work either.
Wore them out or twisted them too tight and broke them :)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wearing the same cheap Invicta Pro Diver for the last 4 or 5 years. I like watches, just not enough to own more than one. This one does the trick just fine.

I do have a dressier Eddie Bauer tank watch with a leather band that I used to wear to church and dressy type occasions. But it died on me (quartz) and I've never gotten around to replacing the battery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom