How many of you guys still wear a watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own several watches, some dressier than others. I'm partial to Citizen Eco Drives and Seikos. I like the automatic movements best; just something classic and timeless about them. Personally not a digital or smart watch type of guy. I love going to estate sales and looking for old watches. You'd be surprised how many of them still work.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
like this

Attachments

• Watch today b.jpg
    Watch today b.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, always have a watch on my wrist. I do appreciate a fine watch but I can’t get myself to brake loose with $1000 or more for a fine timepiece when that could buy me a darn cool gun. 😉 Now I have a couple special watches @thor447 was kind enough to get back in running order and I wear one of them every Sunday and other special occasions.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried.
They all broke so I gave up 35 years ago.
None of my cars have a clock.
But a couple years ago I got a used Garmin that I stick in whatever car I am driving so I know what speed I am going and it tells me how far I went and it does have a clock.

$30 used. That is a cheap speedometer.
Yea my vehicle speedometers do not work either.
Wore them out or twisted them too tight and broke them :)
I’m glad I’m not the only one. I use a Garmin GPS for a speedometer in my 2005 Impala. It also serves as a fuel gauge. I just fill it up every time the GPS says I’ve gone 300 miles.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to wear Timex and Casio all the time. Then went years and years without wearing one at all, I didn't see the need if I had my phone. Back to wearing a watch again now, only a step up from before. I can't bring myself to lay the cash down for an Omega Seamaster no matter how bad I want one. I may spring for a Tissot in the foreseeable future.

I like Seiko autos and I do have a pretty nice Citizen Eco Drive chrono with a perpetual date that is growing on me. Some days it's just nice to buckle it on and go. I've got a hankering for a new Seiko solar now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom