How many of you guys still wear a watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of people do, especially in the timepiece forum. But that doesn't really look like a good example of a dive watch, or at least a traditional one for sure.

smart watches are becoming very functional, but a good automatic or mechanical can be a thing of beauty.

That said, my casio g-shock 5610 is hard to beat and does everything it needs to do without much fuss. But it doesn't look as good as my other watches for sure.
I used to wear a progression of Casio Databank watches my last decade or so while I was in the Air Force, and for a few years after I retired in 1997. Then started playing with pocket computers, Palm & then Dell Axim. Then I got a cell phone, and stopped wearing a watch. That was 20 or so years ago.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Diver's mostly, chronographs as well, Wear them throughout the day, or if doing something they might get a ding or scratch, then I wear something durable yet inexpensive.

Do I use the stopwatch function? Yes. If I tell anyone like my wife I will be out for a couple of hours it's a great way to gauge the time. I will use them occasionally for timing an event like an accelerating vehicle, or how long it takes me to get someplace.

Dive bezels are very useful when cooking, just set the marker to when you have to remove something from the oven, flip a steak or remove a steak from the grill. Also a great marker if you have to leave someplace to get there on time or be back by a certain hour.

During the last earthquake I glanced at my wristwatch to mark the time and approximate the length, and looked it up the following morning.

I will wear dress watches when I wear a suit. However I have been known to wear nice Field watches with a suit or even some divers with a suit.

I rarely wear a watch to bed, but a good dive watch or field watch is nice to see in the dark if you wake up before morning.

So, yes, I do wear a watch, part for fashion, part for vanity or conversation with other enthusiasts and part for personal use. As for type primarily mechanicals or automatics, but I do have a few quartz watches in the mix.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear my watch everyday. My wife gave it to me for my birthday in 1977.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom