How many of you old cranks remember?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_9520.jpeg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a small kid and up into my early teens we had a small mom&pop cafe that had burgers 10/$1 but all you got was bun, patty and strong onions but had some every other week during the summer while school was out when we went into town over the years they finally went to 8/$1 and then 5/$1. They did serve other things also and it was always packed with a line outside around noon.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea when Sonic or McDonalds came to town here since i very seldom went on either side of town they was located on til the mid 70's and found out Sonic was there but never visited their location til the early 80's and like today i very seldom visited a drive thru except one one location that had a cute carhop that i was trying to get the courage up to ask her out for a date which came years later and got turned down but was still nice to visit and look and talk.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been to some places-restaurants and when paying the waitress they’ll ask, “Do you want your change?” Of course I want my change especially if it’s several dollars and then I render a tip. Do you want your change is an insult at least to me.
Sonic is one place I seldom go because they make you feel guilty if you don’t tip the carhop. I always do but a tip in a hamburger joint is really not where I want to tip.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife still tells story of buying 2 hamburgers, fries and coke for under $1 at McD's.

The McD's on 23rd st (across from Sheperd Mall) is where my friends bulldog used to go to the backdoor almost every day. They lived a few blocks east. The employees gave the dog a sack of fries and burgers. He took the sack home and ripped it open and ate in their front yard. True story.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom