How many of you old cranks remember?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carls Pig Stand in Sapulpa.
10 cent burger and fries for us skool kids that could leave campus at noon.
45 cents for a jumbo burger and fries or footlong coney and fries.
15 cent bottle of Pepsi.
Sneak the bottle out and get 10 cents for it at the convenience store a block away.
It was much better than the lunch room!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sonic was the north end of the "drag" in Kingfisher when I was a teenager driving around with the kids. The south end was the bowling alley. It was about 2 miles round trip. You would drive through the Sonic, town, the bowling alley parking lot, cruising chicks. Sometimes we went to Okarche and sometimes to Hennessy. Dover was a tomb unless it was after a game.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew the owner of three Sonics. He invited me several times to his store after hours to imbibe in the original recipe onion rings with beer batter. Mmmmm, MMmm!
How can you make a post like this without the recipe??!?!

200.gif

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sonic tater tots are one of my weaknesses. I do not know why but I prefer them over just about every french fry out there. Most of the so called onion rings too. Tell me how is it an onion ring if there is no onion. Onion powder in the flour does not count,

I love the Arby's tater cakes too, or did. The new ones are too greasy I think.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sonic tater tots are one of my weaknesses. I do not know why but I prefer them over just about every french fry out there. Most of the so called onion rings too. Tell me how is it an onion ring if there is no onion. Onion powder in the flour does not count,

I love the Arby's tater cakes too, or did. The new ones are too greasy I think.
Onion rings no onion? Which Sonic are you frequenting so I won't visit there? Every time I get them they are great even without the beer batter.

He showed me the batter but not the recipe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom