How many of you old cranks remember?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in Va. and we didn't have Sonics. We would take my mom lunch when she was working second shift at Lipton Tea. We would stop and get burgers at a Riches fast food place. Hot dogs were .15 cents and burgers were .20 cents. Gas was .27 cents a gallon.

That is because SONIC didn't exist outside of Oklahoma for the longest time, then a few popped up in Texas, Kansas and Arkansas that was it until the late 90's early 2000's when they went big and spread everywhere.

I can remember when you didn't eat at a SONIC unless you were in Oklahoma or driving through. The food was much better then.

Another place I always liked to go eat and they are almost all gone now are the Del Rancho drive ins. It was always a treat to go up to OKC and hit a Del Rancho for their steak sandwich . As a kid I thought that was big time to get to order one.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
#3 Sonic burger and a rootbeer Frosty were my favorites back then --- not on the menu now.

I believe that Sonic was the one to make a big change to way menus were made. Instead of selling hamburgers and making an extra charge to add cheese, they changed all their burgers to 'cheeseburgers' --- including the extra charge for the cheese. You could still get a hamburger, but it was the same price as a cheeseburger. The deleted cheese was extra profit. All of the restaurants do this now.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there was a house for sale in Mustang for $200k. I looked up canadian valley's assessors' website to see the property. It was sold back in 2021 for $150k and back in 2010 for $90k. It was built in 1982. In 2002, it went for $74K.

Pretty good ROI in 2021 if sold!!!
Yep, house and 20 acres down the road is for sale for $400,000. They bought it at $180,000. Texans . It's a small house and they haven't done any improvement except for a yard fence.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not old enough to remember that.
I do remember we were poor and never ate out.
If we did, it was a.very special treat and not a an expensive place. Mom always wanted to go to a place on nw 39th, it was like Arby's... Roy Rodges comes to mind

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom always wanted to go to a place on nw 39th, it was like Arby's... Roy Rodges comes to mind
We had a Roy Rogers in Norman on west Lindsey. It’s been a Pizza Shuttle for a good forty years now. I was in the Roy Rogers Birthday club when I was a kid.

I don’t remember there being a Sonic in Norman when I was a kid; the only one we’d stop at was the one on highway 9 in Tecumseh. We’d occasionally hit it on the way home from my dad’s folks’ place.

Hank5366

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is because SONIC didn't exist outside of Oklahoma for the longest time, then a few popped up in Texas, Kansas and Arkansas that was it until the late 90's early 2000's when they went big and spread everywhere.

I can remember when you didn't eat at a SONIC unless you were in Oklahoma or driving through. The food was much better then.

Another place I always liked to go eat and they are almost all gone now are the Del Rancho drive ins. It was always a treat to go up to OKC and hit a Del Rancho for their steak sandwich . As a kid I thought that was big time to get to order one.
There's still a Del Rancho in Tahlequah!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to stop at Lenox when I'm in Enid around lunch time. Usually there are at least 4-6 cars in the lot and quite a few call in orders because they don't stay long. If you were in Enid do you remember the A&W at the south end of Van Buren in the 60s. The Flamingo has a good burger too.
I was a teen so I always got the A&W teen burger with the bacon. Advertisement in the 60's got me bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom